Calgary buildings earned more than a third of the 2015 Clean Air Awards recently bestowed across Canada and the United States to recognize efforts to improve air filtration and HVAC system hygiene. Recipients of the National Air Filtration Association (NAFA) sponsored awards must provide details of the steps they’ve taken to enhance and maintain indoor air quality through best practices for air filtration.
In total, 32 properties received the award, including 11 in Calgary, three in Vancouver and one each in Edmonton and Victoria. This encompasses a diverse selection of owners/managers and a range of building ages and types, including office, retail and casinos.
In particular, NAFA judges praised Morguard Investments’ Southland Park office park in suburban Calgary for the collective performance of four separate buildings, each with its own HVAC system. Other Canadian recipients are:
- The Bow Building, Calgary, H&R REIT
- 444 7th Avenue, Calgary, Dream Office Management Corp.
- 606 4th Street, Calgary, Dream Office Management Corp.
- Elbow River Casino, Calgary
- Grey Eagle Resort Casino, Calgary, Sonco Gaming Ltd.
- Harry Hays Bulding, Calgary, Maple Leaf Property Management
- Plaza 1000, Calgary, Trivest Realty Advisors
- Commercial Place, Edmonton, GWL Realty Advisors
- 777 Hornby, Vancouver, Bentall Kennedy Canada
- 777 Dunsmuir, Vancouver, Cadillac Fairview/Pacific Centre
- Metropolis at Metrotown & Metrotowers, Burnaby, Ivanhoé Cambridge
- Fischer Building, Victoria, Camosun College
Buildings are chosen from a pool of nominees put forward by NAFA members and the facility management industry.