- Thursday, May 23, 2019Union Gospel Mission (UGM) has broken ground on its $35.5 million new 'Women and Families Centre," the largest expansion in 78 years.
- Thursday, May 23, 2019A new regulation under the provincial Trade Union Act responds to an unique aspect of the construction sector's dealings with the Nova Scotia Labour Board.
- Tuesday, May 21, 2019The removal of U.S. steel and aluminum tariffs along with all Canadian countermeasures is being welcomed by the construction industry.
- Tuesday, May 14, 2019Swedish safety helmet firm MIPS has partnered with Guardio to create the world’s first hard hat that offers a brain protection system.
- Tuesday, March 5, 2019Much of the current negative sentiment relates to the emergence of informal rooming houses in predominantly single-family residential areas near suburban post-secondary campuses.
- Thursday, February 21, 2019It's estimated that equitable apportionment could push residential rates 2.2 per cent higher than the proposed 1.8 per cent increase for fiscal year 2020, while commercial rates would drop and industrial rates remain the same.
- Monday, November 5, 2018With the construction projects becoming more complex, people will not only need strong trade skills but be adaptable to modern technology.
- Wednesday, October 10, 2018A frustrating recent trend in the construction industry is the improper withholding of the final construction payment by the owner.
- Tuesday, September 11, 2018Several factors influenced the design of the new Arc’teryx flagship store in Vancouver but all led to the prominent use of zinc on the exterior.
- Tuesday, July 3, 2018Governor General Julie Payette announced the honour just prior to Canada Day, with accompanying acknowledgement of Jon Love's business leadership and philanthropy.
- Friday, June 1, 2018High-rise development is expected to be the hardest hit real estate activity, but fallout across a wider range of consumer goods has potential negative implications for commercial warehouse and distribution facilities.
- Tuesday, March 6, 2018An office building in Markham, Ontario's technology hub plans to be the first net positive energy office building in Canada.