- Thursday, February 23, 2017The B.C. government has pledged to lower the 7 per cent provincial sales tax (PST) on electricity to 3.5 per cent as of this October, and phase it out completely by April 2019.
- Tuesday, February 21, 2017B.C.’s provincial budget 2017 includes billions in infrastructure spending. The announcement demonstrates that the province’s commitment to balanced budgets and fiscal responsibility is paying dividends for
- Tuesday, February 21, 2017Completion of Vancouver’s first modular housing development at 220 Terminal Avenue was celebrated in late February. The innovative project helps to address the affordable housing
- Friday, January 22, 2016The B.C. provincial government has announced funding of $19.95 million for UBC to upgrade and expand the aging Biolgoical Sciences Complex used by life sciences students.
- Tuesday, November 25, 2014Apart from modest overvaluation — and a cautionary note about overbuilding in Montreal and Toronto — Canada’s housing markets largely align with underlying demographic and
- Wednesday, September 25, 2013The Vancouver School Board has awarded a fixed-price contract to Bouygues Building Canada to design and build the Kitsilano Secondary School Renewal (KSSR) project.
- Friday, November 18, 2016Alberta has adopted the National Energy Code for Buildings (NECB) 2011 edition into its newest building code. The coming into force date for the new
- Thursday, November 3, 2016When Bill Downing saw cross-laminated timber (CLT) for the first time in Europe in 2008, he was impressed. The large-scale, prefabricated, solid engineered wood panels
- Tuesday, October 25, 2016In July 2016, Vancouver City Council approved the Zero Emissions Building Plan (the Plan) and in doing so has shifted the emphasis of building policy