- Wednesday, March 22, 2017An update to the B.C. Building Code will require fire sprinklers to be installed on the balconies of all new four-storey wood-frame residential buildings. The
- Thursday, March 16, 2017Ontario’s construction industry has a positive economic outlook for 2017 and confidence is up, according to the OCS’s Construction Confidence Indicator.
- Thursday, March 16, 2017The governments of Canada and British Columbia have announced joint funding of up to $405 million toward the construction of the new Lions Gate Secondary
- Friday, January 22, 2016The B.C. provincial government has announced funding of $19.95 million for UBC to upgrade and expand the aging Biolgoical Sciences Complex used by life sciences students.
- Tuesday, November 25, 2014Apart from modest overvaluation — and a cautionary note about overbuilding in Montreal and Toronto — Canada’s housing markets largely align with underlying demographic and
- Wednesday, September 25, 2013The Vancouver School Board has awarded a fixed-price contract to Bouygues Building Canada to design and build the Kitsilano Secondary School Renewal (KSSR) project.
- Friday, November 18, 2016Alberta has adopted the National Energy Code for Buildings (NECB) 2011 edition into its newest building code. The coming into force date for the new
- Thursday, November 3, 2016When Bill Downing saw cross-laminated timber (CLT) for the first time in Europe in 2008, he was impressed. The large-scale, prefabricated, solid engineered wood panels
- Tuesday, October 25, 2016In July 2016, Vancouver City Council approved the Zero Emissions Building Plan (the Plan) and in doing so has shifted the emphasis of building policy