- Friday, December 13, 2019Expressly stated requirements for rainwater harvesting should simplify protocol for attaining permits and would align with the National Plumbing Code's water efficiency objective.
- Thursday, December 12, 2019Allied Properties is purchasing a mixed-use complex in Montreal for $276 million.
- Wednesday, December 11, 2019The Squamish Nation has voted to move forward with a development under the Vancouver Burrard Street Bridge in partnership with Wesbank Projects Corp.
- Wednesday, November 27, 2019The IREM Foundation fund will carry Elaina Tattersdale's name, paying tribute to her memory and commitment to commercial real estate operations that respect the environment and well-being of building occupants.
- Monday, November 4, 2019The awards are bestowed to individuals and organizations that have advanced sustainable principles and practices in design, management, operations and community building, while serving as role models and resources for their peers.
- Thursday, October 31, 2019Anna Murray, Ailey Roberts and Puninda Thind of BentallGreenOak's sustainability team have been named to the Canada Clean50 for 2020.
- Thursday, October 3, 2019The mounting consequences of being stuck fast in the wrong place for an extended wrong time begin with soaring insurance premiums and end with stranded assets.
- Friday, September 27, 2019Few signatories to the Paris Agreement have specifically listed energy efficiency targets in required national plans for meeting their commitments so Three Percent Club founders see plenty of room to capture untapped emissions reductions.
- Tuesday, September 24, 2019Major Canadian players figure among both GRESB investor members with full access to the data and the larger complement of management members that report and are benchmarked through the real estate assessment.
- Friday, June 9, 2017Facility managers might be surprised to find out how often an employee accidentally introduces pests in the office.
- Tuesday, March 7, 2017Mike Benteau, president of paint contractors Elite Trade Painting, provides some tips to keep in mind when considering your property’s next paint job.
- Tuesday, February 21, 2017Coordinating building systems and dealing with a variety of issues personal to clients’ homes have the potential to place property managers in harm’s way.