- Friday, March 5, 2021Many feathered friends won't be making it to their northern breeding areas this spring due to fatal collisions with reflective and transparent glass.
- Wednesday, March 3, 2021The federal government reserved the option to adjust the funding levels after March 13 when it introduced the subsidy for fixed property expenses last November.
- Tuesday, March 2, 2021A newly announced $7-million provincial fund is expected to partially compensate up to 3,300 small restaurateurs, barkeepers and personal service business operators for paid 2020-21 property taxes.
- Wednesday, February 24, 2021This year, 105 teams from 61 universities in Canada, the United States and Singapore took up the challenge to forge a mixed-use, mixed-income scheme for the East Village neighbourhood in downtown Kansas City, Missouri.
- Monday, February 22, 2021Product and service suppliers to the property and facilities management sector are among eight publicly listed Canadian companies ranked for highest global revenues tied to low-carbon business activities.
- Wednesday, February 10, 2021Newmark Global Commercial Real Estate Services has been named to lead the selection process once the in-progress call for 500- to 1,500-acre mega-sites closes on July 31.
- Tuesday, January 5, 2021Industrial availability tightened from the third quarter in eight of the 11 surveyed markets, ending the year at well below 2 per cent in Vancouver and Montreal and below 1 per cent in Toronto.
- Tuesday, December 8, 2020Although they increasingly rely on professional service providers to keep up with the complexities of compliance, owners/managers ultimately carry the responsibility for life safety and bear the brunt of enforcement.
- Wednesday, December 2, 2020The commercial real estate, facilities management and construction/retrofit sectors appear poised to capture a share of the spending announced in the Canadian government’s fall economic statement.
- Friday, June 9, 2017Facility managers might be surprised to find out how often an employee accidentally introduces pests in the office.
- Tuesday, February 21, 2017Coordinating building systems and dealing with a variety of issues personal to clients’ homes have the potential to place property managers in harm’s way.
- Thursday, December 15, 2016LEDs make big claims about savings potential, but how much of this is marketing hype?