- Wednesday, July 8, 2020About $221 million in Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance had been disbursed as of July 3, Finance Minister Bill Morneau reported in the 2020 Economic and Fiscal Snapshot he released today.
- Friday, July 3, 2020The Ontario government's new online health and safety training touches on topics such as infection control, ladder safety, and preventing harassment.
- Thursday, July 2, 2020The Ombudsman's newly released 2019-20 annual report identifies the Landlord and Tenant Board as one of the most common sources of complaints, prompting an in-progress investigation.
- Tuesday, July 7, 2020Canadians now fill half the executive officer positions of the Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) International with the election of Randal Froebelius as vice chair.
- Friday, July 3, 2020Charles E. Gulledge III has been introduced as the latest ASHRAE society president, along with executive officers and directors.
- Thursday, July 2, 2020This year’s select group of honourees for distinguished service, exceptional service and distinguished long-term membership was announced at the Society’s annual conference, which is unfolding in a four-day virtual format.
- Tuesday, May 19, 2020Thus far, in most markets, there’s been no spurt of office sublets or rent discounts that conventionally signify an economic downturn, but there has been a flurry of conjecture about the forces COVID-19 may have unleashed.
- Tuesday, May 12, 2020At least 84 Canadian commercial buildings have been abuzz during protracted COVID-19-related business shutdowns. They house the data centres that have literally underpinned the continued functioning of the economy.
- Monday, May 11, 2020The CECRA program is voluntary. Not all eligible landlords will necessarily take advantage of this program for various reasons.
- Friday, June 9, 2017Facility managers might be surprised to find out how often an employee accidentally introduces pests in the office.
- Tuesday, March 7, 2017Mike Benteau, president of paint contractors Elite Trade Painting, provides some tips to keep in mind when considering your property’s next paint job.
- Tuesday, February 21, 2017Coordinating building systems and dealing with a variety of issues personal to clients’ homes have the potential to place property managers in harm’s way.