- Monday, October 18, 2021Industrial land owners in Ontario could qualify for up to $25,000 to reimburse 50 per cent of the costs of municipal and provincial planning and environmental studies.
- Thursday, October 14, 2021Menkes Developments has achieved the highest score globally for BOMA BEST with 25 York Street (Telus Harbour).
- Thursday, October 14, 2021The Labourers’ International Union of North America broke ground on a new mixed-use building in Hamilton, Ontario, that will feature more than 500 residential units, as well as office and heritage space.
- Monday, October 11, 2021Canadian buildings have topped the international field in seven of 17 categories of The Outstanding Building of the Year (TOBY) awards for 2021.
- Tuesday, September 21, 2021The Urban Land Institute’s net zero mission has received a boost with a USD $1 million donation from Owen Thomas, the chief executive officer of Boston Properties Inc.
- Friday, September 17, 2021The Canada Green Building Council (CaGBC) has announced the winners of the 2021 CAGBC Awards.
- Monday, July 19, 2021The 2021 versions of REALPAC's normalization methodologies for calculating energy- and water-use intensity address issues arising from the COVID-19 pandemic and lower occupant densities in office buildings.
- Monday, July 5, 2021Removing landlords from the application process hasn’t necessarily made the Canada Emergency Rent Subsidy (CERS) more accessible for commercial tenants experiencing pandemic-related financial stress.
- Friday, June 25, 2021Prevailing approaches for incentivizing, financing and implementing retrofit projects deemed unlikely to propel the existing building inventory to net-zero emissions by 2050.
- Friday, June 9, 2017Facility managers might be surprised to find out how often an employee accidentally introduces pests in the office.
- Tuesday, February 21, 2017Coordinating building systems and dealing with a variety of issues personal to clients’ homes have the potential to place property managers in harm’s way.
- Thursday, December 15, 2016LEDs make big claims about savings potential, but how much of this is marketing hype?