- Tuesday, August 11, 2020The downtown office vacancy rate surpassed 20 per cent, while Dartmouth Crossing enjoyed a 768 basis point drop in vacancy, pushing the rate below 12 per cent.
- Monday, August 10, 2020Emergency regulations were initially intended to enable land title registry, delegation of power of attorney and filing of wills in accordance with required public health protocols.
- Thursday, August 6, 2020As of July 30, it’s reported that 63,000 qualifying businesses or not-for-profit organizations had been collectively approved for about $613 million in commercial rent relief.
- Tuesday, July 7, 2020Canadians now fill half the executive officer positions of the Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) International with the election of Randal Froebelius as vice chair.
- Friday, July 3, 2020Charles E. Gulledge III has been introduced as the latest ASHRAE society president, along with executive officers and directors.
- Thursday, July 2, 2020This year’s select group of honourees for distinguished service, exceptional service and distinguished long-term membership was announced at the Society’s annual conference, which is unfolding in a four-day virtual format.
- Tuesday, May 26, 2020For Class A consumers, cost-saving potential will be diminished even if they successfully curtail demand during the five peak hours since those peaks are expected to be lower than usual.
- Tuesday, May 19, 2020Thus far, in most markets, there’s been no spurt of office sublets or rent discounts that conventionally signify an economic downturn, but there has been a flurry of conjecture about the forces COVID-19 may have unleashed.
- Tuesday, May 12, 2020At least 84 Canadian commercial buildings have been abuzz during protracted COVID-19-related business shutdowns. They house the data centres that have literally underpinned the continued functioning of the economy.
- Friday, June 9, 2017Facility managers might be surprised to find out how often an employee accidentally introduces pests in the office.
- Tuesday, March 7, 2017Mike Benteau, president of paint contractors Elite Trade Painting, provides some tips to keep in mind when considering your property’s next paint job.
- Tuesday, February 21, 2017Coordinating building systems and dealing with a variety of issues personal to clients’ homes have the potential to place property managers in harm’s way.