- Monday, January 27, 2020Survey respondents foresee technology-enabled multifamily co-living will be the most significant disruptor to the status quo, while trends like office co-working, retail brandbox and industrial flex space cause upheaval in the other property sectors.
- Monday, January 27, 2020Four British Columbia Lower Mainland cities have launched a pilot project designed to help building owners and managers to benchmark carbon emissions.
- Tuesday, January 21, 2020The first pieces of an envisioned 130-acre new mixed-use community adjoining Mississauga's Square One Shopping Centre should be underway later this year.
- Monday, January 20, 2020Halifax Stanfield International Airport has attained a Certified Gold rating through Rick Hansen Foundation Accessibility Certification, making it Nova Scotia's first Certified Gold facility.
- Wednesday, January 15, 2020Great Gulf has appointed Ilias Konstantopoulos as the new CEO, succeeding Jerry Patava who will now chair the Great Gulf Strategic Advisory Board.
- Monday, January 6, 2020The buildings and design sectors are again represented in the newest slate of members of the Order of Canada, which includes a developer, a planner and an architectural glass artist.
- Wednesday, October 30, 2019The move concludes the process begun five months ago when the newly elected United Conservative Party government repealed the carbon tax and eliminated the funding source for the incentives.
- Thursday, October 24, 2019A widening scope of resources can be tapped to build increasingly sophisticated risk profiles, but sustainability practitioners note that data is often fragmented and difficult to obtain.
- Friday, October 18, 2019A scurry of people is criss-crossing paths in the newly renovated Yonge Sheppard Centre in North Toronto.
- Friday, June 9, 2017Facility managers might be surprised to find out how often an employee accidentally introduces pests in the office.
- Tuesday, March 7, 2017Mike Benteau, president of paint contractors Elite Trade Painting, provides some tips to keep in mind when considering your property’s next paint job.
- Tuesday, February 21, 2017Coordinating building systems and dealing with a variety of issues personal to clients’ homes have the potential to place property managers in harm’s way.