- Friday, February 28, 2020The provincial government plans to allocate about $2.7 billion to capital maintenance and renewal over a three-year period, but year-over-year investment will drop 7.7 per cent from the first to third fiscal year.
- Wednesday, February 26, 2020Toronto-based real estate firm Marlin Spring and Hines are slated to develop a 2.8-acre property in Toronto’s Junction Triangle.
- Tuesday, February 18, 2020Five indicators gauge local capacity to plan and manage energy systems, and five others measure tangible outcomes in land use, energy networks, water and waste services, transportation and the building stock
- Friday, February 28, 2020The distinction is conferred to individuals who have made exceptional and lasting contributions to the fabric of Ontario and the well-being of Ontarians, and is the Province's highest honour.
- Wednesday, February 5, 2020Individual honours conferred to four Canadian engineers include a rare appointment to the ASHRAE Hall of Fame for the late Richard Perry, P.Eng, of Vancouver.
- Monday, January 20, 2020Halifax Stanfield International Airport has attained a Certified Gold rating through Rick Hansen Foundation Accessibility Certification, making it Nova Scotia's first Certified Gold facility.
- Wednesday, December 11, 2019Market pressure and industry competitiveness could propel accessible commercial real estate in the coming decade, much the way those complementary forces have already bolstered energy efficiency and low-carbon footprints.
- Tuesday, December 3, 2019Along with measures to discourage spurious lawsuits, the legislation has implications for commercial real estate operators and any organization with potential scofflaws among its employees or membership.
- Friday, November 15, 2019Guidance related to natural ventilation, particulate filtration and compartmentalization of multi-residential HVAC systems are prominent in the list of identified "significant changes" compared to the incumbent 2016 version of the standards.
- Friday, June 9, 2017Facility managers might be surprised to find out how often an employee accidentally introduces pests in the office.
- Tuesday, March 7, 2017Mike Benteau, president of paint contractors Elite Trade Painting, provides some tips to keep in mind when considering your property’s next paint job.
- Tuesday, February 21, 2017Coordinating building systems and dealing with a variety of issues personal to clients’ homes have the potential to place property managers in harm’s way.