- Monday, November 23, 2020A 100 basis point slide in the 10-year Canada bond rate over the course of the COVID-19 pandemic contributes to real estate’s continuing allure for institutional investors.
- Monday, November 23, 2020Legislation to enable the Canada Emergency Rent Subsidy (CERS) received parliamentary approval late last week and an online application portal was expected to be operational for Nov. 23.
- Friday, November 20, 2020Newly tabled federal legislation would commit the Canadian government to set five-year targets and report progress in reaching the stated goal of net-zero emissions by 2050.
- Monday, November 16, 2020The global benchmark for ESG performance of commercial real estate portfolios and infrastructure investments has reacquired its independence and established a non-profit foundation to oversee standards development.
- Tuesday, November 10, 2020While teams are still focused on an electricity-saving target, the race2reduce, sponsored by BOMA Toronto, has now expanded its mandate to include water, gas, solid waste and overarching climate leadership.
- Thursday, November 5, 2020The newly renovated and retrofitted 42-year-old office building is intended to embody the global society’s mandate to advance human well-being through sustainable technology in the built environment.
- Friday, October 30, 2020PACE financing is an innovative green loan instrument that can help owners with building retrofits to reduce carbon pollution.
- Tuesday, October 27, 2020The commercial property tax rate is at least double the residential rate in eight of the 11 surveyed cities, with commercial ratepayers in Montreal, Toronto and Quebec City shouldering the most disproportionate shares.
- Monday, October 26, 2020Canada has a numerically slight presence with disproportionate weight in Lee & Associates’ newly released third quarter commercial real estate results.
- Friday, June 9, 2017Facility managers might be surprised to find out how often an employee accidentally introduces pests in the office.
- Tuesday, February 21, 2017Coordinating building systems and dealing with a variety of issues personal to clients’ homes have the potential to place property managers in harm’s way.
- Thursday, December 15, 2016LEDs make big claims about savings potential, but how much of this is marketing hype?