- Wednesday, May 24, 2017The CHBA has named the winners for its Association Leadership Awards, presented during the Association’s 74th National Conference in St. John’s, N.L.
- Wednesday, May 24, 2017The Canadian Home Builders’ Association (CHBA) has announced the winners for its 2017 National Awards for Housing Excellence.
- Tuesday, May 23, 2017RioCan and Concert are pleased to announce the signing of a firm agreement on May 17, 2017, with RioCan selling a 50 per cent interest in
- Friday, May 12, 2017Legrand, North America's investments in its Building Control Systems division include new facilities in San Jose, Carlsbad, Pleasant Grove and Orem.
- Thursday, May 11, 2017Chrysotile, otherwise known as white asbestos, will not be added to Rotterdam Convention’s list of hazardous substances.
- Monday, May 8, 2017A 2016 NEMA survey found that facility managers in New York City that measure their buildings' energy performance tend to also invest in energy-saving technologies.
- Tuesday, May 16, 2017Scents associated with cigarette smoke, cooking and the garbage chute are among the most common odours complaints received by building managers.
- Friday, May 12, 2017So a facilities management supervisor wants to make the move to facilities manager. There are a few reality checks to consider first.
- Thursday, May 11, 2017If it becomes law, the Reliable Elevators Act would require maintenance contractors to restore out-of-service elevators within 14 days in most buildings.
- Tuesday, May 2, 2017A recent court decision may have opened the door to medical marijuana patients to grow a limited number of a marijuana plants in their condominium units.
- Tuesday, May 2, 2017It has been another tumultuous month for Toronto Community Housing, Canada’s largest social housing provider. The city-run entity with a $9-billion portfolio is once again facing criticism for failing in the upkeep of its 58,000 units.
- Thursday, April 20, 2017In an effort to help increase the province’s supply of affordable housing and protect renters from what many are calling exorbitant rent hikes, the Ontario Government has announced a comprehensive package of measures in its just-released Fair Housing Plan.