- Friday, December 13, 2019Researchers at McMaster University have made a self-cleaning surface that can repel all forms of bacteria, preventing the transfer of superbugs.
- Friday, December 13, 2019Condo corporations will soon be able to better access and use required forms under the Condo Act.
- Friday, December 13, 2019Expressly stated requirements for rainwater harvesting should simplify protocol for attaining permits and would align with the National Plumbing Code's water efficiency objective.
- Friday, October 25, 2019Forty per cent of co-working users in the United Kingdom would rather work in a conventional office space.
- Thursday, October 24, 2019Rising investments in smart city projects across the world have led to the growing demand for facility management services.
- Thursday, October 10, 2019Supply and demand trends in 18 European markets may resonate with Canadian landlords and apartment hunters, as analysts conclude "the lack of rental properties on offer is only aggravating the situation".
- Tuesday, November 26, 2019The apartment rental landscape is changing. Utility costs are rising, creating the need for improved energy management.
- Tuesday, November 26, 2019Owners of smaller commercial and multi-residential buildings in Ontario will still be welcome to voluntarily share energy and water consumption data, but a looming deadline for mandatory disclosure has been withdrawn.
- Thursday, November 21, 2019The Westinghouse HQ building has been re-envisioned for a new age to become a hub for commercial and cultural activities.
- Thursday, November 15, 2018As part of its newly announced “Housing Supply Action Plan,” the Ontario Government is proposing a strategy to increase the province’s rental housing supply through new measures affecting rent control.
- Tuesday, July 18, 2017For now, market demand and the goodwill of employers are still the prime determinants of superintendents' working conditions.
- Friday, June 9, 2017Facility managers might be surprised to find out how often an employee accidentally introduces pests in the office.