- Monday, September 25, 2023Ontario's recently released climate risk assessment concludes on-reserve buildings, utilities, storm water management, transportation links and communications networks are already highly vulnerable.
- Monday, September 25, 2023Led by the Southern Chiefs’ Organization, Winnipeg's iconic Hudson’s Bay building is undergoing a multi-phased, $130-million transformation.
- Thursday, September 21, 2023OREA has proposed several recommendations to help address the housing affordability crisis that young graduates are facing.
- Thursday, August 24, 2023A new Skilled Trades Advisory Council (STAC) has been formed to combat the crisis facing skilled labour in the U.S. and Canada.
- Monday, August 21, 2023An industry pact focuses on continuing education among building operations and maintenance workers in the EU as demand for sustainable operations accelerates.
- Friday, August 11, 2023DBRS Morningstar’s recently released status report on commercial mortgage-backed securities counts July as the fourth consecutive month with rising delinquency rates.
- Monday, September 4, 2023With skyrocketing rents and demand outstripping supply, the inability for many to find suitable, affordable student housing has dominated recent headlines.
- Thursday, August 31, 2023New guidance for CRE investors and owners/managers highlights climate-related risks, recommended safeguard measures and key questions for gauging the preparedness of assets.
- Monday, August 28, 2023The recent regulation to postpone Ontario's property reassessment for another year stretches the assessment cycle to double its originally intended time span.
- Thursday, June 16, 2022The federal government is providing a one-time payment of $500 to nearly one million low-income Canadians as part of the new Affordability Plan.
- Wednesday, June 16, 2021Ontario has released its rent increase guideline for 2022, setting it at 1.2 per cent on the heels of the 2021 rent freeze.
- Wednesday, January 20, 2021Residential landlords in Quebec face tighter rent increase margins for 2021, particularly if their buildings are centrally heated with gas or oil.