- Thursday, May 23, 2019Altus Group released its latest Housing Report, indicating investor interest in rental remained high in 2018. Almost 1,100 rental properties comprised of over 40,000 suites were sold in the markets tracked.
- Thursday, May 23, 2019The transaction, which is subject to customary closing conditions, is expected to close in the third quarter of 2019.
- Tuesday, May 21, 2019The removal of U.S. steel and aluminum tariffs along with all Canadian countermeasures is being welcomed by the construction industry.
- Tuesday, May 14, 2019Swedish safety helmet firm MIPS has partnered with Guardio to create the world’s first hard hat that offers a brain protection system.
- Thursday, May 2, 2019Three commonly claimed incentives for homeowners, builders, and commercial and multifamily landlords technically expired in the U.S. tax code on December 31, 2017, but were given a short-term reprieve for the 2018 tax year.
- Tuesday, April 23, 2019The Bank of Canada is one of the newest members of the Network for Greening the Financial System, which has released global recommendations on climate-related risk assessment, monitoring and data sharing.
- Monday, April 29, 2019For Hotel X Toronto, a new urban resort from the Library Hotel Collection, intimate is the personality of choice, and it comes across in all its facets.
- Monday, April 22, 2019For condo managers, a false fire alarm results in new issues. What happens when a fire alarm goes off at a condominium when no smoke or fire is present?
- Thursday, April 18, 2019The 2019 Ontario budget lists the Building Code Conservation Advisory Council among 10 provincial agencies deemed to be unnecessary or imprudent expenditures.
- Thursday, November 15, 2018As part of its newly announced “Housing Supply Action Plan,” the Ontario Government is proposing a strategy to increase the province’s rental housing supply through new measures affecting rent control.
- Tuesday, July 18, 2017For now, market demand and the goodwill of employers are still the prime determinants of superintendents' working conditions.
- Friday, June 9, 2017Facility managers might be surprised to find out how often an employee accidentally introduces pests in the office.