- Friday, June 23, 2017The design of the world’s tallest hybrid timber tower, by Shigeru Ban Architects, has been revealed by Vancouver-based developer PortLiving. Named Terrace House, the project
- Thursday, June 22, 2017Allied Properties Real Estate Investment Trust has acquired 56 The Esplanade in Toronto for $60 million.
- Thursday, June 22, 2017Heritage treasures from British Columbia to Nova Scotia are featured on the National Trust for Canada’s Top 10 Endangered Places List for 2017.
- Wednesday, June 21, 2017The global infection control market is expected to reach more than $258 billion (U.S.) by 2025, according to a new report.
- Monday, June 12, 2017New York State Attorney General Eric Schneiderman is attempting to amend 1990s-era anti-harassment legislation that has never been successfully employed to convict a rental housing landlord.
- Wednesday, June 7, 2017International investors are predominantly paying cash for commercial acquisitions in mid-sized and smaller U.S. markets.
- Tuesday, June 13, 2017A drone can capture data about the building structure as it scales the envelope, but consider too the images or video it could unintentionally capture.
- Tuesday, June 13, 2017A preliminary master plan for the Old Port of Montreal imagines a dynamic, mixed-use waterfront site with closer access to the St. Lawrence River.
- Friday, June 9, 2017Facility managers might be surprised to find out how often an employee accidentally introduces pests in the office.
- Tuesday, May 2, 2017A recent court decision may have opened the door to medical marijuana patients to grow a limited number of a marijuana plants in their condominium units.
- Tuesday, May 2, 2017It has been another tumultuous month for Toronto Community Housing, Canada’s largest social housing provider. The city-run entity with a $9-billion portfolio is once again facing criticism for failing in the upkeep of its 58,000 units.
- Thursday, April 20, 2017In Waterloo, Ontario, workers are installing wells for a geo-exchange system that will heat and cool a new net positive energy office development.