- Friday, January 18, 2019The trend in housing starts was 206,981 units in December 2018, down from 212,338 units in November 2018, according to CMHC.
- Thursday, January 17, 2019RIU Hotels & Resorts has announced the construction of a hotel in Toronto. The Spanish company intends to invest around $100-million in the project.
- Thursday, January 17, 2019The Ontario government has proposed changes to the Growth Plan intended to help increase housing supply, attract investment and protect jobs in the Greater Golden Horseshoe.
- Friday, January 18, 2019The BOMA BEST Sustainable Buildings Certification program is dedicated to assisting property managers and building operators improve their buildings’ environmental performance.
- Tuesday, December 4, 2018Builders can use combustible cladding, including on later phases of a multi-building project, if they begin foundation work on a construction site before the last week of February 2019.
- Monday, November 19, 2018Recent industry research shows green building in 19 countries is poised for strong, rapid growth over the next three years.
- Thursday, December 20, 2018There are few opportunities for organizations as great as the workplace move, where it can begin anew in fresh, new premises.
- Tuesday, December 18, 2018Taking proactive steps can help keep unwanted pests out of condo buildings, saving the time and money involved in treating infestations.
- Monday, December 17, 2018Hamilton-area landlords are speaking out after city councillors voted to move ahead on a rental housing licensing pilot affecting properties with six or fewer units. If approved, landlords will be required to obtain a rental housing license for $200.
- Thursday, November 15, 2018As part of its newly announced “Housing Supply Action Plan,” the Ontario Government is proposing a strategy to increase the province’s rental housing supply through new measures affecting rent control.
- Tuesday, July 18, 2017For now, market demand and the goodwill of employers are still the prime determinants of superintendents' working conditions.
- Friday, June 9, 2017Facility managers might be surprised to find out how often an employee accidentally introduces pests in the office.