- Thursday, November 23, 2017As envisioned, the federal and provincial/territorial governments will jointly fund the 10-year, $40-billion package of policies and programs so many details are still missing or yet to be refined through future negotiations.
- Thursday, November 23, 2017ASTM International is developing a proposed standard for measuring the traction of pedestrian walkways, including in wet conditions.
- Thursday, November 23, 2017Toronto’s proposal for licensing and regulating short-term rentals is headed to City Council on Dec. 5.
- Friday, November 3, 2017Study focuses on industry growth in the green building sector for transportation facilities like airport terminal buildings bus centers and more.
- Friday, September 22, 2017Global demand for ultraviolet disinfection equipment is expected to rise as users seek to improve water quality and reduce chemical use.
- Monday, September 11, 2017Researchers have drawn a link between destabilized housing conditions and a higher than normal heart attack rate in the aftermath of New Zealand's 2010 and 2011 earthquakes.
- Tuesday, November 14, 2017Ontario's newly released provincial Long Term Energy Plan, now updated to replace the 2013 version, rescinds favoured status for combined heat and power systems that rely on fossil fuels.
- Tuesday, November 7, 2017Overall, the Canadian real estate industry continues to be performing well with the apartment sector holding strong, according to the 2018 Emerging Trends in Real Estate report, published by PwC Canada and the Urban Land Institute
- Tuesday, November 7, 2017Could a paint colour change on a property land a condominium corporation in court? What about result in physical threats? The answer to both is yes.
- Tuesday, August 15, 2017The Canadian apartment industry has lost a leader, visionary and icon. Tom Schwartz, President and Chief Executive Officer of CAPREIT has passed away following an intense battle with prostate cancer.
- Wednesday, June 28, 2017Keith Major, executive vice president, real estate services, with Bentall Kennedy has been elected secretary/treasurer of the Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) International.
- Tuesday, June 27, 2017Unlike Target’s departure two years ago, which left an unexpected void in the Canadian retail landscape, many retail owners have been prepared for some time.