- Tuesday, October 17, 2017Eighteen Canadian real estate organizations undertook the rigorous reporting exercise, which plots portfolio-wide ESG (environmental, social, governance) intent, practices and outcomes, and collectively achieved an average score of 70 out of a possible 100 points.
- Monday, October 16, 2017The Government of Canada is investing $13.8 million in new research infrastructure, including new labs and equipment, at Western University through the Canada Foundation for Innovation (CFI).
- Monday, October 16, 2017CaGBC, GBCI and the Advanced Energy Centre are working together to bring the Investor Confidence Project and its IREE certification to Canada.
- Friday, September 22, 2017Global demand for ultraviolet disinfection equipment is expected to rise as users seek to improve water quality and reduce chemical use.
- Monday, September 11, 2017Researchers have drawn a link between destabilized housing conditions and a higher than normal heart attack rate in the aftermath of New Zealand's 2010 and 2011 earthquakes.
- Friday, September 1, 2017The Professional Retail Store Maintenance Association (PRSM) reports that thousands of stores have suffered damage, while building product suppliers and construction/maintenance contractors grapple with their own losses.
- Tuesday, October 10, 2017Rising in Toronto’s opulent Yorkville neighbourhood is Two St. Thomas, a joint venture between Bentall Kennedy and KingSett Capital. The $130-million 26-storey tower made of glass, stone, wood and copper is the picture of modern sophistication, as imagined by Hariri Pontarini Architects.
- Friday, October 6, 2017The new Teck Acute Care Centre in B.C. will enhance patient experience with a healing environment that focuses on family-centred care.
- Thursday, October 5, 2017Proponents and early adopters suggest the program can provide simplified credibility for landlords and simplified assurance for tenants via a formal third-party building assessment and an easily decipherable rating system that is tied to rigorous criteria.
- Tuesday, August 15, 2017The Canadian apartment industry has lost a leader, visionary and icon. Tom Schwartz, President and Chief Executive Officer of CAPREIT has passed away following an intense battle with prostate cancer.
- Wednesday, June 28, 2017Keith Major, executive vice president, real estate services, with Bentall Kennedy has been elected secretary/treasurer of the Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) International.
- Tuesday, June 27, 2017Unlike Target’s departure two years ago, which left an unexpected void in the Canadian retail landscape, many retail owners have been prepared for some time.