- Monday, September 26, 2016The Interior Designers Institute of B.C. (IDIBC) held its 33rd annual Awards of Excellence event on Sept 23 in downtown Vancouver. The annual IDI awards
- Friday, September 23, 2016There are five finalists in the Canada’s Best Restroom contest, sponsored by Cintas Corporation.
- Thursday, September 22, 2016The British Columbia chapter of the Architectural Woodwork Manufacturers Association of Canada (AWMAC BC) celebrated achievements in the design, manufacture and supply of architectural woodwork
- Wednesday, July 13, 2016Decorative glass is a versatile product that has been used for centuries to meet a variety of design and structural needs. As style and design
- Friday, April 22, 2016The Electron Luminaire Wall Sconce by Maurice Laurent Dery & Jordan N Dery in Surrey, B.C. was selected as a winner at an international design
- Tuesday, February 16, 2016Global denim brand G-Star RAW and leading Swiss furniture manufacturer Vitra will launch the Prouvé RAW Office Collection in Vancouver during a private exhibit opening
- Monday, January 11, 2016Lighting design is experiencing an evolution with the introduction of the new energy codes ASHRAE 90.1 – 2010 and NECB 2011 at the end of
- Friday, December 4, 2015Current green building practice remains focused on individual buildings without acknowledging the larger system context as regenerative design would.
- Thursday, December 3, 2015Art is one of many design aspects to a hotel, but it’s not usually the primary driving inspiration. For Hotel Arts in Calgary, its unique art-centered aesthetic has set it apart in the marketplace.
- Wednesday, November 11, 2015The design of the RCMP's new Nova Scotia headquarters reconciles its requirements of internal security and external accountability.
- Monday, February 23, 2015Karl Lagerfeld, a German designer, artist and photographer based out of Paris, France, has partnered with CD Capital Developments and Freed Developments to design two lobbies in the new Art Shoppe Lofts + Condos mixed-use development in Toronto, Ont. The condominium will be the first project in North America to involve Lagerfeld’s influential and creative direction.
- Monday, September 8, 2014Building Integrated Photovoltaics (BIPV) is one of the most promising and elegant ways of producing on site electricity directly from the sun — silently, without environmental harm or pollution, and without depletion of resources.