- Friday, September 22, 2017The Daniels Corporation and partner Diamond Corp. recently broke ground on a new condominium community called Daniels FirstHome Markham Sheppard.
- Friday, September 22, 2017According to new data from provincially collected tax information, home purchases by foreign buyers have fallen since the Fair Housing Plan was introduced.
- Wednesday, September 13, 2017Devimco Immobilier recently broke ground on Phase 1 of Solar Uniquartier, a development that is being touted as Quebec’s biggest mixed-use real estate project.
- Tuesday, June 20, 2017How can boards run more efficient meetings? In the condominium world, meetings take place several times a year — often monthly, but sometimes more frequently
- Tuesday, June 6, 2017What should condominium corporations look for in landscaping contracts? Experience suggests the most successful relationships between condominium corporations and landscape contractors always involve two things:
- Friday, December 16, 2016What do new condo directors need to know right away? Congratulations on getting elected to the condo board! Now the fun begins. For first-time directors,
- Wednesday, August 9, 2017In recent years there has been significant growth in the adoption of cloud-based software among tech-savvy condo communities and property managers.
- Wednesday, August 2, 2017A condo corporation was reported to have enacted a rule which, among other things, sought to limit the ability of residents to complain to the condominium.
- Monday, July 31, 2017The countdown to the roll out of changes to Ontario’s condo laws is on. Directors and owners will soon be able to call or email the Condominium Authority of Ontario (CAO).
- Tuesday, May 2, 2017A recent court decision may have opened the door to medical marijuana patients to grow a limited number of a marijuana plants in their condominium units.
- Monday, April 10, 2017Ontario passed home inspection legislation that will regulate one of few currently unregulated professionals that have a role in real estate transactions.
- Thursday, October 1, 2015Window replacement can be expensive, involved and intrusive. It's important to answer four questions before beginning this kind of project in a condo.