- Thursday, March 30, 2017Minister of Government and Consumer Services Tracy MacCharles has announced planned changes to the role of Tarion in Ontario’s new home warranty program.
- Wednesday, March 29, 2017Canadian brokerage Casalova and Dream Maker Developments are the first in Canada to offer a digital purchase option for pre-construction condos.
- Tuesday, March 28, 2017Ontario realtors are one step closer to being able to form personal real estate corporations under Bill 104, the Tax Fairness for Realtors Act, 2017.
- Friday, December 16, 2016What do new condo directors need to know right away? Congratulations on getting elected to the condo board! Now the fun begins. For first-time directors,
- Friday, December 16, 2016What does it mean to be an ACMO 2000-certified condominium management company?
- Monday, November 28, 2016Just like other parts of the building, the roof requires ongoing maintenance and preventative repairs. Studies have shown that a roof that has not been
- Tuesday, February 14, 2017During condominium audits, certain issues related to financial or operational matters may need to be highlighted to management and the board.
- Thursday, February 9, 2017As developments become increasingly complicated, so do the relationships between condo corporations and other parties bound by common interests.
- Wednesday, February 1, 2017A recent Ontario Court of Appeal decision confirmed for the first time that the “business judgment rule” applies to decisions made by condominium boards.
- Wednesday, December 14, 2016A court ruling released last week strengthened the position of condominium corporations struggling to enforce restrictions on short-term rentals.