- Tuesday, November 19, 2019Health inspectors report more rat complaints in apartments and private homes across the country.
- Tuesday, November 19, 2019Toronto’s short-term rental regulations are no longer in limbo after the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal dismissed operators' appeals on Monday.
- Monday, November 18, 2019Affordability was the most important necessity for the majority of home buyers this year, according to CMHC's annual Mortgage Consumer Survey.
- Tuesday, November 19, 2019How electric vehicles are changing the built environment and why property managers should care.
- Tuesday, October 8, 2019Knowing where to focus condo restoration efforts (and how to save money in the process) can help balance the desire to stay modern with the need to stay on budget.
- Tuesday, September 10, 2019There is an adage that says, "The only thing more expensive than a professional is an amateur," and nowhere is this truer than in a condominium setting.
- Monday, September 9, 2019Condominiums have several choices when it comes to addressing security concerns within the building. As is often is the case, these choices come with concerns about making the wrong choice.
- Tuesday, August 27, 2019Why is it that a select few people can decide what condo fees for the ensuing year will be? Why can’t owners have input into the new fees? These are both extremely good questions and perhaps a couple of the most commonly asked questions in the condo world.
- Thursday, August 22, 2019Participating in a condo mediation can often mean taking time off work or giving up an evening. And truly, the most challenging aspect of mediation
- Tuesday, June 19, 2018Some condo lobbies may be looking spare lately because the lounge furniture that usually occupies these spaces is being targeted as a fire risk.
- Thursday, September 28, 2017Tensions boiled over last week at Toronto apartment buildings without air conditioning as temperatures soared into heat wave territory in late September.
- Tuesday, July 18, 2017For now, market demand and the goodwill of employers are still the prime determinants of superintendents' working conditions.