- Monday, June 21, 2021Condos have appreciated more than any other housing type in the GTA when comparing the average price from the housing peak in 2017 to today.
- Monday, June 21, 2021The Heights of Harmony in North Oshawa’s Kedron neighbourhood will bring a mix of townhomes and single-family dwellings to Ontario's fastest-growing city by 2023.
- Monday, June 7, 2021The Residential Construction Council of Ontario has stepped up efforts to ensure that builders and workers know how to register for their COVID-19 vaccinations.
- Wednesday, May 26, 2021The colour scheme seen in parking garages that are up-to-code is the result of coordinating multiple bylaws; for example, municipal property standards, fire code, building code, and health and safety codes.
- Monday, April 26, 2021Renovation agreements act as a preventative measure against owners and contractors looking to skimp on the acoustic membrane required to be installed under flooring.
- Tuesday, February 16, 2021In the thick of a second wave, industry members are more aware of the foresight required of them, prompting recent questions about pandemic response.
- Thursday, April 29, 2021Ontario is kicking the dust off of elevator repair legislation, which was passed under the Liberal government in May 2018 but never proclaimed into law.
- Thursday, April 22, 2021It is unlikely that the condo’s declaration, bylaws, rules, or policies include any reference to trust; yet good governance cannot be achieved without it.
- Thursday, April 15, 2021I am a licensed condominium property manager, I am in my early 30s, and I am completely burned out.
- Monday, March 16, 2020Boards and property managers of condos play a significant role in protecting residents during emergencies like the recent COVID-19 outbreak.
- Friday, March 13, 2020As the number of cases of COVID-19 increase across the country, Nancy Houle from Davidson Houle Allen discusses what this means for the condo industry.
- Monday, April 22, 2019For condo managers, a false fire alarm results in new issues. What happens when a fire alarm goes off at a condominium when no smoke or fire is present?