- Friday, February 26, 2021Alberta’s education mill rate has nudged up 0.1 basis point, adding $0.01 per $1,000 of assessed value to the provincial portion of property tax bills.
- Friday, February 26, 2021About 40 per cent have already racked up savings since the pandemic began, according to a new survey. The majority say remote work has made it more likely they will move further from employers.
- Tuesday, February 23, 2021Tarion flagged the issue last June when it first came to light. Homeowners on the receiving end of the phone calls were offered tax refunds and asked for banking information.
- Tuesday, February 16, 2021In the thick of a second wave, industry members are more aware of the foresight required of them, prompting recent questions about pandemic response.
- Thursday, January 28, 2021What are some simple and cost-effective upgrades a condo corporation can implement to make their building more resilient in winter?
- Monday, August 31, 2020Virtual meetings are one way condo corporations are balancing social distancing with the need to conduct ongoing business, but they aren't without technical glitches.
- Wednesday, January 13, 2021Resident British Columbians own about 30 per cent of the properties subject to the speculation and vacancy tax, but account for just 6.6 per cent of collected revenue.
- Tuesday, January 5, 2021Portfolio managers and supervising managers remain in the wilderness of the home office, strategizing, planning, and serving clients from the comfort of their home.
- Monday, January 4, 2021The role a condo corporation plays in the life of a resident struggling with mental illness can often be a delicate matter.
- Monday, March 16, 2020Boards and property managers of condos play a significant role in protecting residents during emergencies like the recent COVID-19 outbreak.
- Friday, March 13, 2020As the number of cases of COVID-19 increase across the country, Nancy Houle from Davidson Houle Allen discusses what this means for the condo industry.
- Monday, April 22, 2019For condo managers, a false fire alarm results in new issues. What happens when a fire alarm goes off at a condominium when no smoke or fire is present?