- Thursday, November 8, 2018The trend in housing starts was 206,171 units in October 2018, down from 207,809 units in September 2018, reports Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation.
- Wednesday, November 7, 2018In October 2018, Montreal recorded 3,731 residential sales, an increase of 11 per cent year-over-year, reports the Greater Montreal Real Estate Board.
- Wednesday, November 7, 2018According to CMHC’s 2018 Housing Market Outlook, housing markets in Canada should see a moderation in both housing starts and sales in 2019 and 2020.
- Monday, October 29, 2018Now that electronic voting is allowed in Ontario condos, how exactly does it work?
- Tuesday, August 28, 2018The Condominium Act does not prohibit a developer from entering into a section 98 agreement with the condo while it still owns the units.
- Wednesday, August 15, 2018Can condo corporations enforce parking rules in spaces that are not owned by the unit owner, but of which they have exclusive use?
- Friday, August 31, 2018Construction site security is under renewed scrutiny after a member of the public gained access to a downtown property and scaled a crane.
- Tuesday, August 21, 2018Could the recent sale of a Toronto condo for cryptocurrency be the first sign of a shift in the condo industry towards use of digital currencies?
- Thursday, August 16, 2018At least one condo corporation is facing what is likely to be a steep repair tab after Toronto was drenched with a month’s worth of rain on Aug. 7.
- Thursday, September 28, 2017Tensions boiled over last week at Toronto apartment buildings without air conditioning as temperatures soared into heat wave territory in late September.
- Tuesday, July 18, 2017For now, market demand and the goodwill of employers are still the prime determinants of superintendents' working conditions.
- Friday, July 14, 2017Toronto installed the most green roofs in 2016, followed by Chicago, Washington D.C., and Seattle.