- Monday, August 12, 2019A new reports shows new condo sales in the GTA reached their second-highest Q2 level on record behind the market peak in Q2-2017.
- Monday, August 12, 2019Stats from the CMHC indicate housing starts were up within the one-month span thanks in part to multi-res activity.
- Friday, August 9, 2019Toronto's Maclean Publishing Company headquarters is becoming the new United BLDG., a mixed-use development that represents North America's tallest architectural heritage retention project of its kind.
- Monday, October 29, 2018Now that electronic voting is allowed in Ontario condos, how exactly does it work?
- Tuesday, August 28, 2018The Condominium Act does not prohibit a developer from entering into a section 98 agreement with the condo while it still owns the units.
- Wednesday, August 15, 2018Can condo corporations enforce parking rules in spaces that are not owned by the unit owner, but of which they have exclusive use?
- Wednesday, June 5, 2019Warmer months are a great time to reassess disaster readiness for “predictable” condo emergencies. The time to start preparing for these risks is always now
- Tuesday, May 21, 2019Lessons from a Human Rights Tribunal decision focusing on a residential property's obligations to disabled residents.
- Monday, April 22, 2019For condo managers, a false fire alarm results in new issues. What happens when a fire alarm goes off at a condominium when no smoke or fire is present?
- Tuesday, June 19, 2018Some condo lobbies may be looking spare lately because the lounge furniture that usually occupies these spaces is being targeted as a fire risk.
- Thursday, September 28, 2017Tensions boiled over last week at Toronto apartment buildings without air conditioning as temperatures soared into heat wave territory in late September.
- Tuesday, July 18, 2017For now, market demand and the goodwill of employers are still the prime determinants of superintendents' working conditions.