- Thursday, November 23, 2017Toronto’s proposal for licensing and regulating short-term rentals is headed to City Council on Dec. 5.
- Wednesday, November 22, 2017Electronic permitting could be coming to Ontario as the province sets about implementing a 14-point action plan aimed at streamlining development approvals.
- Wednesday, November 22, 2017The City of Toronto today acknowledged the Grange condo as the first multi-residential building to meet its new guidelines for backup power.
- Tuesday, June 20, 2017How can boards run more efficient meetings? In the condominium world, meetings take place several times a year — often monthly, but sometimes more frequently
- Tuesday, June 6, 2017What should condominium corporations look for in landscaping contracts? Experience suggests the most successful relationships between condominium corporations and landscape contractors always involve two things:
- Friday, December 16, 2016What do new condo directors need to know right away? Congratulations on getting elected to the condo board! Now the fun begins. For first-time directors,
- Wednesday, October 11, 2017Lighting design can make a big difference in the safety and security of a condominium.
- Wednesday, October 4, 2017In its first month, the Condominium Authority of Ontario (CAO) fielded 330 calls and 130 emails from condo directors, managers and owners.
- Tuesday, September 19, 2017Three case studies show how long-term data collected from a sensor can help find cost-effective solutions to building performance problems.
- Tuesday, May 2, 2017A recent court decision may have opened the door to medical marijuana patients to grow a limited number of a marijuana plants in their condominium units.
- Monday, April 10, 2017Ontario passed home inspection legislation that will regulate one of few currently unregulated professionals that have a role in real estate transactions.
- Thursday, October 1, 2015Window replacement can be expensive, involved and intrusive. It's important to answer four questions before beginning this kind of project in a condo.