- Tuesday, July 23, 2019A new survey of RE/MAX brokers and agents has found that investment and recreational properties are on the rise across Canada, with 74 per cent of regions surveyed experiencing an uptick.
- Monday, July 22, 2019The province experienced an 8 per cent uptick in residential property sales compared to the same period in 2018 – the largest quarterly increase in sales since the third quarter of 2005.
- Monday, July 15, 2019The Canadian government has earmarked $5.75m in grants and loans to conduct “deep energy retrofits” within four multi-residential buildings in Toronto and Hamilton.
- Monday, October 29, 2018Now that electronic voting is allowed in Ontario condos, how exactly does it work?
- Tuesday, August 28, 2018The Condominium Act does not prohibit a developer from entering into a section 98 agreement with the condo while it still owns the units.
- Wednesday, August 15, 2018Can condo corporations enforce parking rules in spaces that are not owned by the unit owner, but of which they have exclusive use?
- Monday, April 8, 2019How, exactly, is a developer permitted to simply cancel a project, sometimes a number of years after the first agreements of purchase and sale were signed?
- Tuesday, March 26, 2019It’s important to ensure users who rely on elevators to get around have access to this vertical transportation when needed.
- Thursday, March 14, 2019After first postponing the date the legacy legislation from its predecessor would come into force, the provincial government now plans to repeal the New Home Warranty Act.
- Tuesday, June 19, 2018Some condo lobbies may be looking spare lately because the lounge furniture that usually occupies these spaces is being targeted as a fire risk.
- Thursday, September 28, 2017Tensions boiled over last week at Toronto apartment buildings without air conditioning as temperatures soared into heat wave territory in late September.
- Tuesday, July 18, 2017For now, market demand and the goodwill of employers are still the prime determinants of superintendents' working conditions.