- Friday, September 17, 2021Calgary's Glenbow Museum kicked-off a three-year, $120-million renovation that will eliminate barriers to accessibility never considered when the building was designed in the 1970s.
- Thursday, September 16, 2021Orange is the designated colour to show support and build awareness within commercial and institutional buildings as Canada prepares to mark its first official National Day for Truth and Reconciliation.
- Tuesday, September 14, 2021B.C. says the move is an attempt to improve wages and work environments and make frontline work more desirable.
- Tuesday, September 7, 2021New research concludes there is capacity to power universal decent living standards (DLS) and stay beneath a 1.5-degree Celsius ceiling for temperature rise.
- Tuesday, August 31, 2021The time to embrace clean building technologies is now, but it takes stakeholders across the real estate community to make the shift. This is the philosophy behind the Building Energy Innovators Council (BEIC) and the underlying message in its newest report.
- Wednesday, June 16, 2021A research team at the University of Houston is developing an LED bulb that emits most of its energy from the safer violet segment of the visible light spectrum.
- Monday, July 12, 2021For employees transitioning daily between different workstations, management may want to standardize equipment so employees can easily learn how to adjust equipment and not have to relearn each workstation type.
- Wednesday, June 23, 2021Construction is officially underway on what will be Ontario's first mixed-use, purpose-built Indigenous hub in the West Don Lands of Toronto.
- Wednesday, June 16, 2021Indigenous communities across Canada continue to be sidelined or completely excluded from initial planning phases of new developments and renovations.
- Wednesday, April 4, 2018Nearly half of people who use a standing desk are at risk of developing lower back pain, according to a study from the University of Waterloo.
- Thursday, March 1, 2018The 2018 federal budget commits funds to inform women about apprenticeship programs, dispense financial grants for training and provide resources as they move into the workforce.
- Monday, July 10, 2017Effectively managing storage rooms means making sure those items are kept safe, secure, and available to building managers, staff, and occupants as needed.