- Tuesday, January 19, 2021The new option aligns with the Ontario government’s objective to provide digital alternatives for paper-based administrative processes.
- Friday, January 15, 2021Commercial evictions are still on hold in Ontario for qualifying tenants experiencing pandemic-related financial stress. A new regulation, enabled through 2020 budget legislation, extends the protections.
- Thursday, January 14, 2021The threshold for dangerous global warming will likely be crossed between 2027 and 2042 – a much narrower window than the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change’s estimate of between now and 2052.
- Friday, September 25, 2020Seen as the next big thing in data services, small hubs located near end-users are also more vulnerable to the encroaching outdoor environment than are vast temperature-controlled data centres.
- Thursday, September 24, 2020As classes resume in person, one protocol being discussed in Ontario is the deployment of surveillance technology testing to mitigate pandemic risk.
- Saturday, May 30, 2020The new GBAC STAR accreditation program is taking the complication and uncertainty out of reopening large Canadian commercial facilities.
- Wednesday, November 4, 2020Increased cleaning frequencies and heavy waste removal due to the use of more disposable commodities means the bodies of essential workers are taking a beating.
- Tuesday, October 27, 2020In their 2019 Workplace Empathy survey, technology firm Businessolver discovered that 82 per cent of employees would consider leaving their job for a more empathetic organization,
- Tuesday, October 20, 2020Colleges and universities are questioning how much space will be needed in the future campus, how it will be operated, and how to make our built environment more healthy, sustainable and resilient.
- Wednesday, April 4, 2018Nearly half of people who use a standing desk are at risk of developing lower back pain, according to a study from the University of Waterloo.
- Thursday, March 1, 2018The 2018 federal budget commits funds to inform women about apprenticeship programs, dispense financial grants for training and provide resources as they move into the workforce.
- Monday, July 10, 2017Effectively managing storage rooms means making sure those items are kept safe, secure, and available to building managers, staff, and occupants as needed.