- Wednesday, September 22, 2021More than half of Canadians are doing their job when feeling unwell on a weekly basis. The mental health scores among this group are significantly below those who report never working while feeling unwell.
- Monday, September 20, 2021A proposed amendment to the Ontario Building Code would explicitly allow for alternatives to building inspectors’ physical presence on construction sites.
- Friday, September 17, 2021Calgary's Glenbow Museum kicked-off a three-year, $120-million renovation that will eliminate barriers to accessibility never considered when the building was designed in the 1970s.
- Tuesday, September 7, 2021New research concludes there is capacity to power universal decent living standards (DLS) and stay beneath a 1.5-degree Celsius ceiling for temperature rise.
- Tuesday, August 31, 2021The time to embrace clean building technologies is now, but it takes stakeholders across the real estate community to make the shift. This is the philosophy behind the Building Energy Innovators Council (BEIC) and the underlying message in its newest report.
- Wednesday, June 16, 2021A research team at the University of Houston is developing an LED bulb that emits most of its energy from the safer violet segment of the visible light spectrum.
- Wednesday, July 14, 2021Dingy is a word that conjures thoughts of old institutional spaces. Academic buildings with dimly-lit hallways and windowless classrooms punctured with fluorescent glare. Rarely are
- Monday, July 12, 2021For employees transitioning daily between different workstations, management may want to standardize equipment so employees can easily learn how to adjust equipment and not have to relearn each workstation type.
- Wednesday, June 23, 2021Construction is officially underway on what will be Ontario's first mixed-use, purpose-built Indigenous hub in the West Don Lands of Toronto.
- Wednesday, April 4, 2018Nearly half of people who use a standing desk are at risk of developing lower back pain, according to a study from the University of Waterloo.
- Thursday, March 1, 2018The 2018 federal budget commits funds to inform women about apprenticeship programs, dispense financial grants for training and provide resources as they move into the workforce.
- Monday, July 10, 2017Effectively managing storage rooms means making sure those items are kept safe, secure, and available to building managers, staff, and occupants as needed.