- Tuesday, July 27, 2021The mechanical engineering team at the University of Waterloo is reviewing the air flow for all classrooms in preparation for fall.
- Tuesday, July 27, 2021A crop of community buildings in Nova Scotia are getting energy efficient upgrades through multilevel government commitments, including $3.3 million from the province.
- Monday, July 26, 2021The province of British Columbia and the University of Victoria are building new learning facilities to support growing demand in engineering and computer science.
- Wednesday, June 16, 2021A research team at the University of Houston is developing an LED bulb that emits most of its energy from the safer violet segment of the visible light spectrum.
- Monday, May 3, 2021Control and management of the visual experience and the extensive range of available applications have extended the possibilities of lighting performance within a built environment.
- Friday, March 5, 2021Many feathered friends won't be making it to their northern breeding areas this spring due to fatal collisions with reflective and transparent glass.
- Wednesday, May 19, 2021Carefully crafting an inclusive workplace response, requiring integration of people programs, implementing technology tools and systems, all accelerate business outcomes.
- Wednesday, May 19, 2021How AMPED Sports Lab and Ice Complex in Ottawa, Ontario, became the first Zero Carbon Building Performance Standard certified arena.
- Thursday, May 6, 2021Facility managers are no longer viewed as a back-office function, but rather “a strategic instrument to attract and retain talent and create a great experience,”
- Wednesday, April 4, 2018Nearly half of people who use a standing desk are at risk of developing lower back pain, according to a study from the University of Waterloo.
- Thursday, March 1, 2018The 2018 federal budget commits funds to inform women about apprenticeship programs, dispense financial grants for training and provide resources as they move into the workforce.
- Monday, July 10, 2017Effectively managing storage rooms means making sure those items are kept safe, secure, and available to building managers, staff, and occupants as needed.