- Tuesday, October 12, 2021Commercial landlords will be expected to verify the vaccination status of building personnel, including contractors and subcontractors, who enter premises that the Canadian government leases.
- Monday, October 11, 2021Canadian buildings have topped the international field in seven of 17 categories of The Outstanding Building of the Year (TOBY) awards for 2021.
- Friday, October 8, 2021The Association of Registered Interior Designers of Ontario (ARIDO) announced the winners of its annual awards program during a virtual ceremony on Wednesday, October 6.
- Tuesday, September 7, 2021New research concludes there is capacity to power universal decent living standards (DLS) and stay beneath a 1.5-degree Celsius ceiling for temperature rise.
- Tuesday, August 31, 2021The time to embrace clean building technologies is now, but it takes stakeholders across the real estate community to make the shift. This is the philosophy behind the Building Energy Innovators Council (BEIC) and the underlying message in its newest report.
- Wednesday, June 16, 2021A research team at the University of Houston is developing an LED bulb that emits most of its energy from the safer violet segment of the visible light spectrum.
- Friday, August 20, 2021Ontario’s civic building inventory has fallen the farthest behind on capital repair among seven categories of municipal infrastructure assets scrutinized in a newly released report from the Financial Accountability Office of Ontario.
- Tuesday, August 17, 2021Looking ahead, virtual training is expected to figure predominantly into the next normal of professional education.
- Tuesday, August 10, 2021At last, our buildings are ready to catch up with the conveniences and expectations that future users have come to expect in the 21st century—and COVID has been the much-needed accelerant for this transformation in the building industry.
- Wednesday, April 4, 2018Nearly half of people who use a standing desk are at risk of developing lower back pain, according to a study from the University of Waterloo.
- Thursday, March 1, 2018The 2018 federal budget commits funds to inform women about apprenticeship programs, dispense financial grants for training and provide resources as they move into the workforce.
- Monday, July 10, 2017Effectively managing storage rooms means making sure those items are kept safe, secure, and available to building managers, staff, and occupants as needed.