- Wednesday, March 3, 2021Landlord-tenant disputes ranked a distant third in the tally of consumer complaints lodged with the New York State Attorney General last year.
- Monday, March 1, 2021Alignvest Student Housing announced it has entered into an agreement to acquire two new student housing assets located in Waterloo, Ontario.
- Friday, February 26, 2021Alberta’s education mill rate has nudged up 0.1 basis point, adding $0.01 per $1,000 of assessed value to the provincial portion of property tax bills.
- Monday, April 20, 2020Ontario has taken legislative steps to ensure that municipal councils do not need to worry about decision timelines under the Planning Act during the COVID-19-related state of emergency.
- Friday, March 20, 2020Michael Fried, President of Aftermath Consulting Group, LLC., addresses uncertainties related to insurance coverage and best practices for protecting assets, employees and residents.
- Monday, March 16, 2020Some basic chemistry lessons should be reiterated: mixing bleach with ammonia-containing or acid-containing products will produce a toxic reaction.
- Saturday, January 2, 2021With the end of the COVID-19 pandemic in sight, many analysts predict we're at the dawn of a new era for development in Canada.
- Wednesday, December 16, 2020As the average rent in Canada hit a record low of 9.1 % from a year ago, analysts share a hopeful outlook for Canada's rental market in 2021 and beyond.
- Tuesday, December 8, 2020As COVID-19 continues to threaten Canadians, it is crucial that landlords have the right tenant screening systems in place to attract the ideal resident.
- Tuesday, July 7, 2020Ontario’s Bill 184 has raised the ire of tenant advocacy groups over concerns it will drive renters further into debt while making evictions easier for landlords.
- Friday, March 27, 2020Apartment owners aren’t just fearing heightened exposure to COVID-19, but the potential onslaught of rent defaults by tenants unable to pay.
- Wednesday, March 18, 2020All businesses are impacted by the COVID-19 virus, but rental-housing providers play a critical role in the battle to mitigate the spread of this highly communicable disease.