- Friday, July 13, 2018Toronto Council is considering opening up a loan fund for energy upgrades to a larger pool of borrowers, including private sector landlords, condo corporations, health care and educational facilities.
- Wednesday, July 11, 2018Haeccity Studio Architecture, a Vancouver-based practice, recently completed a major revitalization of a three-storey, wood-framed building comprised of 19 rental units.
- Tuesday, July 3, 2018Governor General Julie Payette announced the honour just prior to Canada Day, with accompanying acknowledgement of Jon Love's business leadership and philanthropy.
- Monday, August 14, 2017Boost productivity and employee satisfaction with these staff engagement tips from M&R Holdings' Randy Daiter
- Tuesday, March 14, 2017Looking for ways to boost energy efficiency in your older-stock apartment buildings? We spoke with Mike Mulqueen, Lead, CDM Business Development (MURB) at Toronto Hydro for insights into the latest incentives and energy efficiency opportunities as we head into 2017.
- Tuesday, December 20, 2016Fire alarm technology is an important consideration for any apartment building owner . Tyco's Peter Redfern shares the features and benefits of the addressable fire alarm notification technology used in today's leading systems.
- Wednesday, April 4, 2018In a changing world where “zero carbon” is the ultimate goal in building design, can retrofits alone make Canada’s aging apartment stock sustainable?
- Wednesday, March 21, 2018Developers of purpose-built rental housing in Manitoba are losing a tax credit that has been available for the past five years.
- Tuesday, March 13, 2018The new rules capture the demographic of investors who own small low-rise residential or mixed-use commercial-residential buildings as a sideline to their main business ventures.
- Tuesday, June 5, 2018On July 1st, the new Cannabis Act will officially take effect, and no group of people is more concerned about the set of challenges it will likely bring than those managing (and living in) multi-residential communities.
- Tuesday, July 18, 2017For now, market demand and the goodwill of employers are still the prime determinants of superintendents' working conditions.
- Wednesday, April 12, 2017At least twice per year, property managers should conduct roof inspections and maintenance on their roofs.