- Tuesday, August 14, 2018At a press conference in Ottawa, advocates released an open letter to Prime Minister Trudeau urging him to make good on his housing commitment by enshrining "the right to housing" in upcoming National Housing Strategy legislation.
- Friday, August 10, 2018Peak Power Inc. announced it has signed an agreement to install up to 2350kW / 4700kWh of energy storage systems to target Ontario peak demand charges with Starlight Investments.
- Tuesday, July 31, 2018Midyear results from CBRE and Colliers International reveal that almost every other property type, except premier office, is trading at higher cap rates in major Canadian markets.
- Wednesday, August 8, 2018From lower tenant turnover to improved energy efficiency, Randy Brown of Soundproof Windows discusses the benefits of soundproofing sliding glass doors
- Monday, August 14, 2017Boost productivity and employee satisfaction with these staff engagement tips from M&R Holdings' Randy Daiter
- Tuesday, March 14, 2017Looking for ways to boost energy efficiency in your older-stock apartment buildings? We spoke with Mike Mulqueen, Lead, CDM Business Development (MURB) at Toronto Hydro for insights into the latest incentives and energy efficiency opportunities as we head into 2017.
- Tuesday, May 22, 2018The Ontario NDP's proposed plan would focus efforts to manage peak demand more narrowly on the Industrial Conservation Initiative and voluntary residential programs enabled through smart grid technology.
- Tuesday, May 8, 2018Apartment professionals ponder the uncertainties of the rental housing industry, including the critical steps needed to cultivate new supply.
- Tuesday, April 24, 2018When evaluating the best waste management practices for your property, it’s important to keep pest control in mind. Apartment complexes offer everything pests need to survive: food, water, warmth and shelter.
- Tuesday, July 18, 2017For now, market demand and the goodwill of employers are still the prime determinants of superintendents' working conditions.
- Tuesday, May 23, 2017A new report by the Canadian Centre for Economic Analysis suggests the housing crisis could be alleviated if more housing options were available for families of varying needs and sizes.
- Wednesday, April 12, 2017At least twice per year, property managers should conduct roof inspections and maintenance on their roofs.