- Thursday, May 23, 2019Altus Group released its latest Housing Report, indicating investor interest in rental remained high in 2018. Almost 1,100 rental properties comprised of over 40,000 suites were sold in the markets tracked.
- Thursday, May 23, 2019The transaction, which is subject to customary closing conditions, is expected to close in the third quarter of 2019.
- Thursday, May 16, 2019The Manitoba government announced plans to launch an eviction fact sheet for landlords to clarify the process for evicting tenants who are breaking the law, Justice Minister Cliff Cullen announced.
- Tuesday, March 5, 2019Author, broker and landlord instructor Chris Seepe breaks down the hidden expenses in rent that may surprise some residential tenants.
- Tuesday, October 9, 2018In the wake of another high-rise disaster, Insurance broker Andy Schwartze discusses the importance of these often overlooked policies.
- Wednesday, August 8, 2018From lower tenant turnover to improved energy efficiency, Randy Brown of Soundproof Windows discusses the benefits of soundproofing sliding glass doors
- Thursday, April 4, 2019The volume and sum of Tribunal admin charges exceed most other tolls tied to commercial real estate and/or professional and skilled personnel who work in the industry.
- Thursday, March 28, 2019Quebec's largest rental housing association maintains fewer cases would go to la Régie du logement if landlords were entitled to ask for security deposits.
- Tuesday, March 19, 2019Coming soon from Sifton Properties, Helio is slated to become the most energy-efficient high-rise apartment tower in Canada, designed and constructed to be 77 per cent more efficient than a similar building built under the current Ontario Building Code.
- Thursday, November 15, 2018As part of its newly announced “Housing Supply Action Plan,” the Ontario Government is proposing a strategy to increase the province’s rental housing supply through new measures affecting rent control.
- Thursday, September 28, 2017Tensions boiled over last week at Toronto apartment buildings without air conditioning as temperatures soared into heat wave territory in late September.
- Tuesday, July 18, 2017For now, market demand and the goodwill of employers are still the prime determinants of superintendents' working conditions.