- Friday, January 11, 2019The REMI Network's editorial team takes a look at last year's top stories and how they will continue to impact the commercial real estate industry in 2019.
- Tuesday, January 8, 2019Alignvest Student Housing Inc. announced it has entered into a contract to purchase a new student housing property in Ottawa, known as "The Annex".
- Tuesday, January 8, 2019Starlight Investments and Homestead Land Holdings announced they have jointly purchased two multi-residential apartment complexes for $241 million.
- Tuesday, October 9, 2018In the wake of another high-rise disaster, Insurance broker Andy Schwartze discusses the importance of these often overlooked policies.
- Wednesday, August 8, 2018From lower tenant turnover to improved energy efficiency, Randy Brown of Soundproof Windows discusses the benefits of soundproofing sliding glass doors
- Monday, August 14, 2017Boost productivity and employee satisfaction with these staff engagement tips from M&R Holdings' Randy Daiter
- Monday, November 5, 2018Canada's purpose-built rental market has seen its share of healthy investment activity over the years, yet one asset class has historically struggled to keep up: student housing.
- Monday, October 22, 2018Beginning November 1, 2018, all private businesses across Canada, including small residential landlords, will be impacted by the latest changes to PIPEDA.
- Tuesday, October 9, 2018More than a year after the Fair Rental Act was introduced, rent control is back in the spotlight with new research suggesting it is doing more harm than good when it comes to rental construction and affordability.
- Thursday, November 15, 2018As part of its newly announced “Housing Supply Action Plan,” the Ontario Government is proposing a strategy to increase the province’s rental housing supply through new measures affecting rent control.
- Thursday, September 28, 2017Tensions boiled over last week at Toronto apartment buildings without air conditioning as temperatures soared into heat wave territory in late September.
- Tuesday, July 18, 2017For now, market demand and the goodwill of employers are still the prime determinants of superintendents' working conditions.