- Friday, March 24, 2017Saskatchewan landlords experienced a budget double whammy March 22 — receiving the more forceful cost hit from their provincial finance minister.
- Thursday, March 23, 2017The Federal Budget 2017, released March 22nd, proposes to invest more than $11.2 billion over 11 years in a variety of initiatives designed to build, renew and repair Canada’s stock of affordable housing.
- Wednesday, March 22, 2017An update to the B.C. Building Code will require fire sprinklers to be installed on the balconies of all new four-storey wood-frame residential buildings. The
- Tuesday, March 14, 2017Looking for ways to boost energy efficiency in your older-stock apartment buildings? We spoke with Mike Mulqueen, Lead, CDM Business Development (MURB) at Toronto Hydro for insights into the latest incentives and energy efficiency opportunities as we head into 2017.
- Tuesday, December 20, 2016Fire alarm technology is an important consideration for any apartment building owner . Tyco's Peter Redfern shares the features and benefits of the addressable fire alarm notification technology used in today's leading systems.
- Monday, December 5, 2016Suneel Gupta, Director of Energy and Sustainability at FirstService Residential Ontario provides key strategies for saving energy in multi-residential buildings.
- Friday, December 16, 2016Toronto city council has approved a plan for a new apartment licensing program that will impose stricter rules for building owners, but could inadvertently lead to higher rents for tenants.
- Tuesday, December 13, 2016Following the recent tragic fire in Oakland, California, fire safety and legal experts are reflecting on the confluence of deliberate and inadvertent omissions that underlie most calamities.
- Wednesday, December 7, 2016Many building owners today are familiar with electricity sub-metering and its proven energy and cost savings, but few understand the technology and the savings that can be incurred from water sub-metering.