- Friday, April 28, 2017Greater Toronto Area realtors reported 6,680 condominium apartment lease transactions during the first quarter of 2017, up 3.5 per cent year-over-year.
- Wednesday, April 26, 2017Researchers at The University of British Columbia released a study showing that making bins convenient drastically boosts recycling and composting rates.
- Monday, April 24, 2017Last year, 4,955 of Toronto's commercial properties were still under a property tax cap, which 7,107 other commercial properties funded via clawbacks.
- Tuesday, March 14, 2017Looking for ways to boost energy efficiency in your older-stock apartment buildings? We spoke with Mike Mulqueen, Lead, CDM Business Development (MURB) at Toronto Hydro for insights into the latest incentives and energy efficiency opportunities as we head into 2017.
- Tuesday, December 20, 2016Fire alarm technology is an important consideration for any apartment building owner . Tyco's Peter Redfern shares the features and benefits of the addressable fire alarm notification technology used in today's leading systems.
- Monday, December 5, 2016Suneel Gupta, Director of Energy and Sustainability at FirstService Residential Ontario provides key strategies for saving energy in multi-residential buildings.
- Monday, January 16, 2017Traditional marketing for property managers dictates that all you have to do is place an ad in a newspaper or local magazine to get noticed. While that may still be effective for a smaller segment of the population, increasingly building owners and operators know that capturing and keeping the attention of the emerging rental demographic requires investing in technology.
- Friday, December 16, 2016Toronto city council has approved a plan for a new apartment licensing program that will impose stricter rules for building owners, but could inadvertently lead to higher rents for tenants.
- Tuesday, December 13, 2016Following the recent tragic fire in Oakland, California, fire safety and legal experts are reflecting on the confluence of deliberate and inadvertent omissions that underlie most calamities.
- Thursday, April 20, 2017In an effort to help increase the province’s supply of affordable housing and protect renters from what many are calling exorbitant rent hikes, the Ontario Government has announced a comprehensive package of measures in its just-released Fair Housing Plan.
- Wednesday, April 12, 2017At least twice per year, property managers should conduct roof inspections and maintenance on their roofs.
- Monday, April 10, 2017Quebec's largest rental housing association predicts rules that seem reasonable for occupants of single-family detached homes will be more problematic in multi-residential buildings.