- Wednesday, December 12, 2018In practice, the Ontario Energy Board has never exercised its authority to set electricity rates for sub-metered residential units because it has been finalizing a methodology for carrying out the new responsibility, which came into force in the spring of 2018.
- Thursday, December 6, 2018At a recent event, Ontario Premier Doug Ford stated that the government is committed to making it more appealing for developers to build rental housing.
- Friday, November 30, 2018Devimco Immobilier and partners have joined to develop MAESTRIA, the largest mixed-use real estate project in Montreal’s Quartier des spectacles.
- Tuesday, October 9, 2018In the wake of another high-rise disaster, Insurance broker Andy Schwartze discusses the importance of these often overlooked policies.
- Wednesday, August 8, 2018From lower tenant turnover to improved energy efficiency, Randy Brown of Soundproof Windows discusses the benefits of soundproofing sliding glass doors
- Monday, August 14, 2017Boost productivity and employee satisfaction with these staff engagement tips from M&R Holdings' Randy Daiter
- Tuesday, October 9, 2018More than a year after the Fair Rental Act was introduced, rent control is back in the spotlight with new research suggesting it is doing more harm than good when it comes to rental construction and affordability.
- Tuesday, October 9, 2018Rental housing industry advocates have been urging the Canadian government to review and modify rules governing the cultivation of plants for personal medical use.
- Friday, September 21, 2018Collectively, the 400+ C-suite and senior executives see more opportunity than threat in technological advancements, social change and a less economically stratified society.
- Thursday, November 15, 2018As part of its newly announced “Housing Supply Action Plan,” the Ontario Government is proposing a strategy to increase the province’s rental housing supply through new measures affecting rent control.
- Thursday, September 28, 2017Tensions boiled over last week at Toronto apartment buildings without air conditioning as temperatures soared into heat wave territory in late September.
- Tuesday, July 18, 2017For now, market demand and the goodwill of employers are still the prime determinants of superintendents' working conditions.