- Friday, September 24, 2021An 18-storey affordable seniors’ residence in Hamilton, Ontario, has transitioned into one of the largest Passive House retrofits in North America.
- Friday, September 24, 2021CAPREIT announced it has acquired Tower Hill East, a “superior-quality, luxury apartment building” on St. Clair Avenue West in Forest Hill, Toronto.
- Thursday, September 23, 2021U.S. developer Jonathan F.P. Rose, known for raising the bar for low-income housing, was recently awarded the Urban Land Institute's "Prize for Visionaries in Urban Development".
- Tuesday, September 14, 2021While climate change has increased the prevalence of weather-related floods, water damage due to plumbing and appliance failures happen daily—and sadly, they are often preventable.
- Tuesday, August 17, 2021Alice Sinia, quality assurance manager for Orkin Canada, shares timely tips for keeping outdoor amenity spaces free of mosquito and wasp infestations.
- Monday, June 21, 2021Danial Hadizadeh, CEO at Mitrex, offers insight into the latest solar energy products and their long-term sustainable benefits.
- Monday, July 19, 2021A new report from Urbanation confirms that GTA rental market recovery began in earnest during the second quarter of 2021.
- Wednesday, July 7, 2021In the wake of COVID-19, multifamily housing developers are emphasizing outdoor amenity spaces more than ever with private balconies now at the top of many tenants' wish lists.
- Tuesday, July 6, 2021The recent collapse of a Florida residential building is an unimaginable tragedy that underscores the importance of structural safety and the consequences that could result from a failure.
- Wednesday, June 16, 2021Ontario has released its rent increase guideline for 2022, setting it at 1.2 per cent on the heels of the 2021 rent freeze.
- Wednesday, January 20, 2021Residential landlords in Quebec face tighter rent increase margins for 2021, particularly if their buildings are centrally heated with gas or oil.
- Friday, March 27, 2020Apartment owners aren’t just fearing heightened exposure to COVID-19, but the potential onslaught of rent defaults by tenants unable to pay.