- Monday, June 19, 2017The city's overall rental vacancy rate is projected to climb as new purpose-built supply comes onto the market, but then stabilize at a still landlord-friendly 2 per cent for 2018.
- Monday, June 19, 2017Five major Canadian markets exhibit differing dynamics, but demand for multifamily properties is consistent.
- Tuesday, June 13, 2017City of Toronto staff are proposing that short-term rentals be restricted to the home-sharing variety versus the commercial kind.
- Tuesday, March 14, 2017Looking for ways to boost energy efficiency in your older-stock apartment buildings? We spoke with Mike Mulqueen, Lead, CDM Business Development (MURB) at Toronto Hydro for insights into the latest incentives and energy efficiency opportunities as we head into 2017.
- Tuesday, December 20, 2016Fire alarm technology is an important consideration for any apartment building owner . Tyco's Peter Redfern shares the features and benefits of the addressable fire alarm notification technology used in today's leading systems.
- Monday, December 5, 2016Suneel Gupta, Director of Energy and Sustainability at FirstService Residential Ontario provides key strategies for saving energy in multi-residential buildings.
- Tuesday, February 28, 2017The controversial topic of rent control in Ontario is back in the news after two Toronto City councillors voiced concerns about what they are calling “unethical” rent hikes across the GTA
- Monday, February 13, 2017A recent fire in a Toronto high-rise apartment building has put the spotlight back on fire safety after numerous residents had to be rescued by Toronto Fire Services. Though no injuries were reported, the incident is a reminder that Fire Safety Plans are critical—especially when building fire alarm systems are rendered inoperative due to repair and maintenance projects.
- Friday, January 27, 2017With over 395,000 live listings currently in its real estate channel—of which, over 83,000 listings are apartments and condos for rent—Kijiji’s rental listing data provides a great window into Canadian rental trends.
- Tuesday, May 30, 2017Commercial business operators and broader public sector entities such as health care facilities, schools, universities and colleges can claim for partial refunds of applicable purchases made since March 24 of this year.
- Tuesday, May 2, 2017It has been another tumultuous month for Toronto Community Housing, Canada’s largest social housing provider. The city-run entity with a $9-billion portfolio is once again facing criticism for failing in the upkeep of its 58,000 units.
- Thursday, April 20, 2017In an effort to help increase the province’s supply of affordable housing and protect renters from what many are calling exorbitant rent hikes, the Ontario Government has announced a comprehensive package of measures in its just-released Fair Housing Plan.