- Thursday, October 14, 2021The Labourers’ International Union of North America broke ground on a new mixed-use building in Hamilton, Ontario, that will feature more than 500 residential units, as well as office and heritage space.
- Wednesday, October 13, 2021BentallGreenOak is pledging to elevate women into at least 30 per cent of its leadership roles within the near term.
- Tuesday, October 12, 2021Dream announced it has acquired 912 apartment units located in the City of Toronto for an aggregate purchase price of $378 million.
- Tuesday, September 14, 2021While climate change has increased the prevalence of weather-related floods, water damage due to plumbing and appliance failures happen daily—and sadly, they are often preventable.
- Tuesday, August 17, 2021Alice Sinia, quality assurance manager for Orkin Canada, shares timely tips for keeping outdoor amenity spaces free of mosquito and wasp infestations.
- Monday, June 21, 2021Danial Hadizadeh, CEO at Mitrex, offers insight into the latest solar energy products and their long-term sustainable benefits.
- Friday, August 13, 2021Developers are facing escalating material costs, supply chain disruptions and labour shortages in step with climbing vacancies and falling rental rates that were not contemplated 18 months ago.
- Tuesday, August 3, 2021Updates to the Residential Tenancies Act (RTA) are coming September 1, 2021, and Ontario landlords are advised to take note.
- Monday, July 19, 2021A new report from Urbanation confirms that GTA rental market recovery began in earnest during the second quarter of 2021.
- Wednesday, June 16, 2021Ontario has released its rent increase guideline for 2022, setting it at 1.2 per cent on the heels of the 2021 rent freeze.
- Wednesday, January 20, 2021Residential landlords in Quebec face tighter rent increase margins for 2021, particularly if their buildings are centrally heated with gas or oil.
- Friday, March 27, 2020Apartment owners aren’t just fearing heightened exposure to COVID-19, but the potential onslaught of rent defaults by tenants unable to pay.