After almost 25 years, the Professional Retail Store Maintenance Association (PRSM), the authority on retail, multi-site facilities management, has a new name – Connex.
“The Multi-Site Facilities Network” is the tagline selected to accompany the new logo and highlights the association’s new emphasis on a broader retail marketplace.
The new brand was developed through extensive member surveys and industry research. Dallas-based, Agency Creative led the six-month-long rebranding process.
The rebranding announcement was made by Bill Yanek, Connex CEO, during the Connex2019 National Conference held in Denver, Colo.
“The essence of PRSM membership is connecting members to their industry peers, knowledge and resources,” Yanek said in the Connex press release. “Our new name, Connex, recognizes that benefit and provides us [with] a strategic platform for future growth.”
2019-2020 board officially takes office
During the final PRSM conference the new board of directors were announced:
- Chair: Myriah Kingen, director, facilities management, DaVita Kidney Care
- Vice Chair: Matthew Whelan, president/CEO, W Services Group
- Treasurer: Shawn Browning, MP, FMA, LEED-Green Assoc., facility manager, Nike, Inc.
- Secretary: Jaclyn Frenzel, vice-president, OnSite, Inc
The Association membership also elected two new retail board members to three-year terms and two retail alternates to a one-year term. Newly elected retail directors include:
- Director: Anthony Armato, director, facilities & energy management, Ulta Beauty
- Director: Kirk Beaudoin, RFMP, FMA, LEED green associate, senior facilities manager, adidas America, Inc.
- Retail 1st Alternate: Jordan Campbell, facilities manager, Bottega Veneta
- Retail 2nd Alternate: Mike Bowman, director, facilities, environmental and safety, LCBO
Two supplier board members were elected, one for a three-year term, and one supplier alternate elected to a one-year term. Newly elected supplier directors include:
- Director: Grant Baecker, President, Authority HVAC
- Supplier Alternate: Kim Goei, COO, FexaSupplier directors and retailer directors returning to the board include:
- Director: Steve Andrews, Sr. regional facilities manager, Walmart, Inc.
- Director: Neil Butler, LEED green associate
- Director: Tom Buiocchi, CEO, ServiceChannel
- Director: Chris Slocum, founder, chief customer officer, Cornell Storefront Systems, Inc.