The Ontario Home Builders’ Association (OHBA) recently presented its 2017 Awards of Distinction at its annual conference, which took place at Niagara Fallsview Casino Resort. The awards celebrate excellence in building, renovation design, sales and marketing in the homebuilding industry.
For the second year in a row, Toronto-based Tridel was presented with the Ontario Home Builder of the Year award for its demonstrated excellence in building design, customer service and commitment to innovative, sustainable building. The company has piloted initiatives to innovate in resilient buildings, including SMART technology and Net-Zero Energy dwelling. Outside of its usual work, Tridel also helps support social and environmental change. It does this through programs that enable youth to pursue an education in the trades, fundraising and getting involved with charities that improve the quality of life in many communities, and reimagining vacant regions on development sites as urban agricultural opportunities.
OHBA also recognized Eurodale Developments as the 2017 Ontario Renovator of the Year. The Toronto-based company was celebrated for demonstrating effective sales and marketing programs beyond advertising. The firm takes a holistic approach to renovation by balancing efficiency, health and aesthetics in their buildings to generate a net-positive return and reduce the home’s carbon footprint. Eurodale has also demonstrated industry and community support by participating in BILD’s Race for Humanity for six consecutive years, among other contributions.
Other important 2017 OHBA award winners include:
- Project of the Year – Low Rise: Doug Tarry Homes for HOPE, St. Thomas
- Project of the Year – High or Mid-Rise: Spallacci Homes for 101 LOCKE, Hamilton
- People’s Choice Award – Losani Homes for Central Park, Hamilton
- Most Outstanding Mid-Rise Building (4 – 10 storeys) – North Drive Investments Inc. for 4 The Kingsway – Toronto
- Most Outstanding High-Rise Building (11+ storeys) – Molinaro Group Inc. for Paradigm – Burlington
- Most Outstanding High or Mid-Rise Condo Suite (4+ storeys up to 800 sq. ft.) – Woodcliffe Landmark Properties and MOD Developments for Waterworks “B5” – Toronto
- Most Outstanding High or Mid-Rise Condo Suite (4+ storeys 801 sq. ft. and over) – North Drive Investments Inc. for 4 The Kingsway “Penthouse” – Toronto