Tridel has unveiled its first smart condominium, a newly completed 69-storey development, in downtown Toronto. Ten York features Tridel Connect, an innovative range of integrated smart home features designed to make everyday tasks easier.
Tridel Connect provides residents with an easier way to enter and exit their home, manage temperature settings and security, host guests and receive packages. It also allows homeowners to rely on voice and data connectivity within the building, a benefit that is extremely important as fewer people own landlines or cable and require a powerful Wi-Fi connection.
“Tridel Connect is the result of a collaboration with real estate technology company SmartONE Solutions, which helped us elevate Ten York beyond standard condo living, using smart building features,” said Bruno Giancola, Tridel’s senior vice president project management/innovation & sustainability, in a press release. “Their platform uses a central network and integrates multiple systems to enable shared services and individual features for each suite.”
Tridel Connect at Ten York provides residents with the following features:
- Residents can adjust the temperature, set a security alarm and receive notifications about community events and services through an in-suite wall pad or remotely using a smartphone app;
- A wall pad allows homeowners to see and speak with guests before allowing them entrance to the building;
- A key-free suite entry using digital door locks and a personalized access code for entry. Residents can program additional codes for family members, friends or service providers, such as a dog walker. Homeowners can also assign nicknames to friends and family to keep a record of who has entered their unit;
- A camera view of some common areas and direct video communication with the concierge provides added security for residents;
- A personalized Bluetooth smartphone app unlocks common area doors as a resident approaches;
- License plate recognition allows automated entry to the parking garage for residents and registered guests, with no key fob or door opener required for entry;
- An automated smart locker system allows package deliveries to be locked up for safety, with a digital message for the resident informing them their package is being held until it is convenient for them to pick it up;
- A dedicated team monitors the network to keep the system connected and running smoothly;
- A distributed antenna system enhances voice and data connectivity to provide mobile devices within the building with clear service, no matter what floor they’re on; and
- All suites at Ten York include unlimited, ultra high-speed 500 mbps internet as a utility and high-speed guest internet is available in the building’s common amenity areas.