The Interior Designers Institute of B.C. (IDIBC) held its 36th annual Awards of Excellence event on Sept 27 in downtown Vancouver. The Shine Awards celebrate the outstanding achievements of the province’s registered interior designers. This year saw another record number of project entries.
The prestigious Robert Ledingham Award was given to Jay Brooks of Box Interior Design for the Fireside Restaurant at the Arbutus Club. The Interior Designer of the Year Award went to Andrea Greenway of Studio CM for Shoe Store. Both also won an Award of Excellence in their respective categories.
The 2019 Awards of Excellence winners were:
- Dialog for Innovative Fitness, hospitality
- Area3 Design Studio for Akimbo, multi-residential+sales
- Cristina Oberti Interior Design for The Paramount, multi-residential+sales
- Evoke International Design for Whistler Residence, residential total
- SSDG Interiors for We the Collective, workplace total
- BYU Design for Interior Design Studio, workplace total
- Perkins+Will for Confidential Gaming Studio, workplace partial; and Miller Titerle Company office interiors, workplace total
- Square One Interior Design for COWI and Engine Digital, workplace total
Three Awards of Merit went to False Creek Design Group for 2nd and Main; BYU Design for Deep Cove Renovation; and DRDC – Deborah Ross Design Company for Easy Street.
Look for full coverage of this year’s IDIBC Awards of Excellence winners in the fall 2019 issue of Design Quarterly magazine.