The Interior Designers Institute of B.C. (IDIBC) held its 35th annual Awards of Excellence event on Sept 21 in downtown Vancouver. The annual IDI awards shine the spotlight on some of the best talents in the design community, celebrating the outstanding achievements of the province’s registered interior designers.
There was a record number of submissions this year with the judges awarding 11 Awards of Excellence and 19 Awards of Merit in various categories.
The prestigious Robert Ledingham Award was given to Aaron Mackenzie Moore for Beach Avenue residence. A new Interior Designer of the Year Award went to Cutler for Boardwalk Optometry. Both also won an Award of Excellence in their categories.
The 2018 Awards of Excellence winners were:
• Stephanie Brown Inc for Mount Pleasant Residence and Blackcomb Townhouse.
• Liv Interiors Inc. for Toronto PC Display Suite and H Tasting Lounge, branding.
• SSDG Interiors Inc. for S&P Real Estate.
• Evoke International Design for Heirloom Ambleside.
• Earls Kitchen & Bar for Earls Ambleside Beach.
• MJMA for UBC Aquatic Centre.
• Geralynne Mitschke Design for Modern View Home.
The People’s Choice Awards went to H Tasting Lounge.
Look for full coverage of this year’s IDIBC Awards of Excellence winners in the fall 2018 issue of Design Quarterly magazine.