The B.C. government has shortlisted three teams for a contract to design, build and partially-finance the Broadway subway project in Vancouver.
The Acciona-Ghella Joint Venture, Broadway Connect and West 9th Partners build teams will have until next year to submit their bids. The province expects to select the preferred proponent by mid-2020.
The $2.8B Broadway Subway project is an extension of the Millennium Line and a key link in Metro Vancouver’s transportation system. The 5.7-kilometre line will extend the existing SkyTrain system seamlessly from VCC-Clark Station to a new terminus station at Arbutus Street, to serve the most congested section of the Broadway Corridor.
Construction of the subway will mostly involve tunneling starting in 2020, with the new extension opening in 2025.
The three teams consist of:
Acciona-Ghella Joint Venture
- Acciona Infrastructure Canada Inc.
- Ghella Canada Inc.
- IBI Professional Services (Canada) Inc.
- DIALOG BC Architecture Engineering Interior Design Planning Inc.
- Mott MacDonald Canada Ltd.
- Ingenieria Especializada de Obra Civil e Industrial, S.A.
- Parsons Inc.
- Corporacion Acciona Infraestructuras, S.L.
- Dragados Canada, Inc.
- Aecon Infrastructure Management Inc.
- ACS Infrastructure Canada, Inc.
- Aecon Concessions, a division of Aecon Construction Group Inc.
- Dragados, S.A.
- Aecon Group Inc.
- Hatch Ltd.
- WSP Canada Inc.
- Dr. G. Sauer & Partners
- VIA Architecture
- Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, a Division of Wood Canada Ltd.
West 9th Partners
- SNC-Lavalin Capital Inc.
- SNC-Lavalin Constructors Pacific, Inc.
- SNC-Lavalin Inc.
- SNC-Lavalin Group Inc.