The Niagara Home Builders’ Association (NHBA) has awarded six individuals with $1000 to go toward their post-secondary education along with a personal letter of congratulations from NHBA President Tony Alfieri.
According to the residential building association’s press release the annual scholarship program has awarded over $35,000 to students pursuing a career within a variety of fields which have included, but not limited to; engineering, health sciences, teaching and business studies.
The winners of the 2019 NHBA scholarship include:
- Elijah B. – Sponsored by Silvergate Homes Ltd/SilverLine Group Inc, Elijah has been accepted to Brock University, where he will be working towards his Bachelor of Business Administration (co-op program)
- Alexis D. – Sponsored by Cotton Inc, Alexis will attend Niagara College, where she has been accepted into the Dental Hygiene program
- Alexander M. – Sponsored by Mountainview Homes, Alexander has selected Management Information Systems and Analytics as his program of choice while attending The University of Ottawa
- Joshua S. – Sponsored by Upper Canada Consultants, Joshua will make the transition into Lakehead University to study Electrical Engineering
- Kaileah SG. – Sponsored by Upper Canada Consultants, Kaileah found her passion with Registered Practical Nursing at Niagara College, which she will be attending this fall
- Robert W. – Sponsored by Phelps Homes, Robert has selected to study Game Design & Development at Niagara College in Welland
A ceremony was held at the NHBA office in St. Catharines, Ont on August 14.
Image courtesy of The Niagara Home Builders’ Association. From left to right: Robert W., Joshua S., Tony A. (NHBA President), Elijah B., Kaileah SG., Alexander M., Alexis D. (not pictured)