On January 1, 2017, the Illuminating Engineering Society of British Columbia (IESBC) will be accepting lighting project submissions for their 2017 Vision Awards. All B.C. based interior designers, architects, engineers, landscape architects, and lighting designers with projects completed between January 2014 and December 31, 2016, can apply. The submission deadline is February 17, 2017.
“The IESBC Vision Awards is the perfect platform for lighting industry participants to share their passion for lighting,” states Sunny Ghataurah, president and CEO of AES Engineering Ltd. “The Vision Awards further stimulates the lighting design community to strive for creativity and it was an honour to be recognized in 2016. We look forward to participating next year.”
IESBC is a not-for-profit that celebrates outstanding B.C. lighting engineers and designers, and provides an environment for sharing knowledge to advance the career paths of its members. The IESBC Vision Awards is stage one leading up to IES’s National Illumination Awards. This is not a competition and submissions will be judged based on how well the lighting design meets the program criteria.
The Vision Awards categories include:
• Illumination Award for Lighting Control Innovation, sponsored by the Lighting Controls Association
• Illumination Award for Interior Lighting Design, sponsored by Edwin Guth
• Illumination Award for Outdoor Lighting Design, sponsored by Eaton
• Illumination Award for Energy and Environmental Lighting Design, sponsored by Osram Sylvania
• The Lighting Redesign Award, sponsored by BC Hydro
To apply to the IESBC Vision Awards, visit www.iesbc.org/about-iesbc/awards.