Commercial real estate leaders have been recognized for their efforts to reduce energy consumption at a special awards ceremony.
BOMA Toronto’s race2reduce Awards honoured a number of pioneers in the industry who have strived to promote sustainability.
“BOMA Toronto was extremely pleased to add another mark of industry leadership through the race2reduce CREST Awards (Commercial Real Estate Sustainability Trailblazer)” said Susan Allen, president and CEO of BOMA Toronto. “The value of this program echoes best practices and celebrates industry leadership in sustainability alongside existing programs such as the BOMA BEST, LEED and GRESB.”
Race2reduce kicked off on June 6 last year, with over 500 buildings and tenant spaces across 40 different organizations committing to compete.
The awards event showcased winners from a group of both landlord and tenants participants who competed to earn best-in-class recognition. BOMA measured success in energy reduction through “collaboration, innovation and implementation of best practices in the industry.”
The Energy Management Leadership Award recognizes those that have demonstrated commitment to improve the energy efficiency and operational best practices in their building.
The Innovative Excellence Award recognizes those who have deployed creative and effective approaches, strategies, technologies, etc. to achieve their energy and sustainability objectives.
The Collaborative Excellence Award honours the spirit of the race, in promoting collaboration between landlords and tenants to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes. Those that receive this award will have demonstrated collaborative efforts to bring together and engage one or more stakeholders around issues pertinent to energy efficiency and sustainability.
2017 Crest Award Winners
Energy Management Leadership
- 40 Holly Street, Colliers International
- 2323 Yonge Street, Colliers International
- 302 Bay Street, Bank of Montreal
- 3080 Yonge Street, FCR Management Services LP
- 45-47 Sheppard Avenue East, Crown Property Management Inc.
- 2 St. Clair Avenue West, Colliers International
- 121 Bloor Street East, Colliers International
- 160 Bloor Street East, Colliers International
- 789 Don Mills Road, Triovest Realty Advisors Inc.
- 30 Adelaide Street East, Dream Office Management
- 400 University Avenue, Crown Property Management Inc.
- TD South Tower & 95 Wellington Street West, The Cadillac Fairview Corporation Limited
- 33 Yonge Street, GWL Realty Advisors Inc.
- 2300 Yonge Street, RioCan REIT
- Royal Bank of Canada, Toronto Portfolio
- PostMedia Place, Greenrock Property Management Ltd.
- Simcoe Place, The Cadillac Fairview Corporation Limited
- 150 Bloor Street West, Colliers International