CMRAO is extending the application and payment of licence renewals for the 2020 to 2021 licensing year to September 8, in an effort to ease pressure from the pandemic.
To ensure that there is no breakage in licensure, information in the CMRAO’s system will be updated to reflect this change, Ali Arlani, registrar and CEO of CMRAO, said in a press release. Licensed individuals and companies can continue offering condo management services as long as they submit their renewal applications by the new date.
The steps for the 2020 to 2021 renewal process are as follows:
For individual condominium managers
- Beginning August 1, all licensed individuals may log in to the system, complete the renewal application form, and pay the annual fee for the 2020–21 licensing year.
- Licensees will have until September 8, 2020, to submit their renewal application and pay for their licence renewal.
For condominium management companies
- On July 1, the CMRAO will send a notice to all licensed management provider companies. During the month of July, licensed provider companies will be required to log in to their account and validate their roster of licensed employees.
- On July 31 at 11:59 p.m., the system will calculate the annual licensing fee for all licensed companies based on the information in the system.
- Beginning August 1, all licensed companies may log in to the system, complete the renewal application form, and pay the annual fee for the 2020–21 licensing year.
- Licensed companies will have until September 8, 2020, to submit their application and pay for their licence renewal.
Next year, the CMRAO will return to its regular licence renewal process beginning on May 1, 2021, and ending on June 30, 2021.