The Interior Designers Institute of B.C. (IDIBC) held its annual Awards of Excellence event virtually on November 5. The Shine Awards celebrate the outstanding achievements of the province’s registered interior designers.
This year the judges awarded four Awards of Excellence and 10 Awards of Merit across the various categories.
“We are very pleased to recognize and showcase some of the outstanding talent among British Columbia’s Registered Interior Designers,” says IDIBC president Jennifer Heffel, and principal at HB Design in Vancouver. “The Awards this year show a lot of softer elements overall. The textures, curves and warm colour palettes create a sense of calm and comfort. Now as we emerge from our cocoons, we appreciate these quiet, intimate transitional spaces. We are so proud to honour these designers.”
The Interior Designer of the Year Award went to Jennifer Kurtz of KurtzDesign for Member’s Lounge, which also won an Award of Excellence. The project saw the dramatic transformation of a billiard room into a new member’s lounge at a Vancouver private club.
The other three 2021 Awards of Excellence winners were:
- Common Good – Andrea McLean Studio
- BlueArck – Edit Studios
- RC at CF Richmond Centre Presentation – Evoke International
There were also 10 Awards of Merit:
- Makena Road, Stephanie Brown Inc.
- Private Residence, Box Interior Design
- The Cabana, Andrea McLean Studio Inc
- Tapestry Victoria Harbour, BBA Design
- HI Jasper Hotel, Area 3 Design
- Sidecut, Box Interior Design
- Beach House Restaurant, Earls Restaurant
- Kerrisdale Lumber, SSDG Interiors
- Kiaro Cannabis, Evoke International
- Little Kitchen Academy, Evoke International