ISSA, the worldwide cleaning industry association, recognized the cleaning industry’s most innovative products and services as voted on by cleaning-industry distributors, building service contractors, in-house service providers, and residential cleaners.
The Innovation Visitors’ Choice Awards and overall ISSA Innovation of the Year Award were presented on September 14 at the ISSA/INTERCLEAN Trade Show in Las Vegas.
The ISSA Innovation Award Program features new products and services from top manufacturers and suppliers throughout the cleaning industry. Entries are organized into five categories: Cleaning Agents, Dispensers, Equipment, Services and Technology, and Supplies and Accessories.
“We’re happy to offer a backdrop for highlighting new trends in the cleaning industry and the companies that produce these advances,” said ISSA Executive Director John Barrett. “Congratulations to all for bringing such wonderful products to market. Your ideas continue to move the cleaning industry forward.”
ISSA Innovation of the Year Award
Keynote speaker Howie Mandel presented the ISSA Innovation of the Year Award to Clorox Total 360 System by Clorox Professional Products Company. Selection was based on online and on-site voting results, with scores submitted by a panel of judges.
The Visitors’ Choice Awards (based on on-site voting)
- i-mop XXL by i-team Global;
- Robotic Vacuum by Makita USA;
- Doodle Skate by Square Scrub;
- Spill Mop by Rubbermaid Commercial Products;
- Clorox Total 360 System by Clorox Professional Products Company.
ISSA Innovation Category awards
The winners of the ISSA Innovation Category awards were announced September 11. Category awards are the result of online voting that took place two months prior to the event. One winner from each category took home the illuminated trophy:
- Cleaning Agents: Stone Floor Protection System by 3M Commercial Solutions Division;
- Dispensers: enMotion Flex Paper Towel System by GP PRO;
- Equipment: Doodle Skate by Square Scrub;
- Services & Technology: Business Intelligence Software by CleanTelligent Software;
- Supplies & Accessories: Self-Cleaning Surfaces for Travel and Hospitality by NanoTouch Materials.