The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification (IICRC) has opened nominations for its 2021 board of directors.
IICRC is seeking submissions for five individuals to serve a three-year term on the institute’s 15-member board of directors.
Desired personnel are those who are actively involved in the cleaning, restoration, inspection, and allied or related industries.
The Institute notes that nominees should be dedicated to achieving IICRC
objectives, including but not limited to:
- Being the leading independent, non-profit, certification and standard-setting
body in the inspection, cleaning and restoration services industries.
- Setting and promoting high ethical standards.
- Advancing communication, collaboration and technical proficiency within the
In general, it adds, nominees should be individuals with knowledge, experience, time and the willingness to contribute to the mission and ideals of the IICRC.
Nominees must additionally confirm:
- Willingness and ability to travel and agreement to attend all Board committee
meetings and functions, including special events and retreats.
- Knowledge of the IICRC Policy Manual, governance, organizational chart and
knowledge of committee structure.
- Agreement to serve on a least one Institute committee, and to travel to and attend
committee meetings, and participate actively in committee activities;
- Agreement to prepare adequately for all Board and committee meetings, and to
contribute and participate actively and constructively;
- Agreement to take responsibility for, and follow through on all assignments;
- Willingness to consider the assumption of organization leadership roles if
- Agreement to learn and stay informed about the mission, services, policies and
programs of the IICRC;
- Agreement to cultivate and assist in recruiting or recommending candidates for
other Board, officer or volunteer positions;
- Agreement to undertake and fulfill all responsibilities of Board membership,
including compliance with the IICRC organizational documents; ethics, conflict of
interest and confidentiality policies; other regulations and policies of the IICRC,
and the IICRC Commitment Pledge;
- Agreement to sign the IICRC Commitment Pledge, and Oath of Office, and
agreement to assist the Board in carrying out its fiduciary responsibilities, such
as reviewing the organization’s financial reports, audits and financial statements.
Nominations are open now and due no later than May 30. The final vote will take place September 27 at the Institute’s annual shareholders meeting.
The five elected members will replace the following directors whose terms end in 2021:
- David Hodge
- Scott Mitseff
- Mark Drozdov
- Tony Macaluso
- Ryan Tasovac
For more information and to submit a nomination, click here.
IICRC previously elected its 2021 Board of Directors Executive Committee back in the fall of 2020.