The Interior Designers Institute of B.C. (IDIBC) held its annual Awards of Excellence event on Sept 29th in downtown Vancouver. The annual IDI awards celebrate design excellence in B.C.’s professional interior design community.
This year the judges awarded 16 Awards of Excellence and 13 Awards of Merit in various categories.
Adler University by Public Architecture + Communication won an Award of Excellence and was also singled out for the prestigious Robert Ledingham Award for project of the year (photo above).
“We are very proud of this year’s Shine entrants. Their projects demonstrate the highest level of design expertise that is only gained through the education, experience and examination that culminates in a registered interior designer and that sets our members apart from others in the industry,” said IDIBC president Patricia Desmet.
The 2017 Awards of Excellence winners included:
• Food and Beverage: Northland Properites for Shark Club, Sports, Bar & Grill
• Food and Beverage: Perkins + Will for Orchard Common – Open Kitchen
• Multi-Residential & Sales Centres: Office of McFarlane Biggar Architects + Designers for Station Square
• Residential: Project 22 Design Inc. for White Gold Cabin
• Residential: HB Design for Mather’s Residence
• Public & Institutional: Proscenium Architecture & Interiors for BMO Theatre Centre
The People’s Choice Awards, as voted for online, went to LIV Interiors Inc. for Brentwood Presentation Centre.
Look for full coverage of this year’s IDIBC Awards of Excellence winners in the fall 2017 issue of Design Quarterly magazine.