The Interior Designers Institute of B.C. (IDIBC) held its 33rd annual Awards of Excellence event on Sept 23 in downtown Vancouver. The annual IDI awards shine the spotlight on some of the best talents in the design community, celebrating the outstanding achievements of the province’s registered interior designers.
There was a record of 54 submissions this year with the judges awarding eight Awards of Excellence and 18 Awards of Merit in various categories.
The 2016 Awards of Excellence winners were:
• Food and Beverage: Box Interior Design for Bar Oso and Glowbal
• Food and Beverage: Bidgood & Co. Interiors for The Duke Saloon
• Specialty Design: MCM Interiors Ltd. for 745 Thurlow (photo above)
• Retail & Kiosks: Bidgood & Co. Interiors for Citizen Clothing
• Multi-Residential & Sales Centres: Office of McFarlane Biggar Architects + Designers for Burrard Place Tower A, Presentation Centre
• Residential: Blue Design Studio for Miko Lane House
• Residential: Project 22 Design Inc. for Park House
The People’s Choice Awards, as voted for online, went to Feuille by designer firm Cutler.
Look for full coverage of this year’s IDIBC Awards of Excellence winners in the fall 2016 issue of Design Quarterly magazine.