COVID-19

COVID-19 resource for condo managers and boards

Friday, March 27, 2020

A webinar on the impacts that COVID-19 is having on condo communities across Ontario attracted more than 500 industry members last week.

After participating alongside other industry leaders, Jason Reid, senior advisor for National Life Safety Group, says it became evident that residents of high-rise buildings are well protected by both their boards and professional property managers who are keen on taking the right actions.

Many concerns were also raised about safety and security. To help managers and board members protect all occupants, staff and residents in their buildings, Reid has since compiled a document that guides condos through recommendations and considerations that are proactive and exercise due diligence.

To further contain the spread of COVID-19, the Ontario government ordered the mandatory closure of all non-essential workplaces. As of Tuesday, March 24, this closure will be in effect for 14 days with the possibility of extending this order as the situation evolves.

“Since then, National Life Safety Group has developed an industry leading collection of considerations in due diligence, with a focus on fire, safety and security, says Reid. “It’s time to share our work with all in Ontario—to benefit the entire community.”

Managers and board members can access the free resource here: COVID-19: Condominium Due Diligence Tracking – National Life Safety Group.

 

 

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *